• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Let's be honest - BOTW's world really is pretty empty.

User Info: tfwnolife

tfwnolife
1 year ago#1
What is there to do other than finding shrines and solving the same exact puzzles over and over again for Korok seeds? Raiding copy and pasted enemy camps that hold no real value?

I love the game, but really, the open world aspect could be way better.
Posts look better with sigs.

User Info: EndOfDiscOne

EndOfDiscOne
1 year ago#2
Agreed, compared to games like Skyrim, XCX, and Just Cause 3 the world is barren with nothing to do.
Ulti was right

User Info: Perascamin

Perascamin
1 year ago#3
Has there ever been an open world game that's not "empty"?
I've grown.

User Info: fernantendo

fernantendo
1 year ago#4
Out of curiosity, how could it be better?

And don't say by being smaller, since the complaint of it being empty would still hold.
Let's get ON with it! - Bill from The Last of Us

User Info: astutecollie

astutecollie
1 year ago#5
The biggest thing I really miss is cutting grass and collecting rupees. I always loved the chime, and I love the look of them. They are damn near totally gone in this game, and that annoys me because its just something fun to do while roaming the world, so this world in particular would have been great for that, and instead they damn near removed them. Shame.

User Info: LottoStud

LottoStud
1 year ago#6
I must be the only one who hunts the animals.
Two shots of whatever

User Info: Atreides27

Atreides27
1 year ago#7
You can save the citizens of Hyrule. You could also collect mushrooms. Sooo many mushroooms

User Info: QueenLUCiNA

QueenLUCiNA
1 year ago#8
I don't really think it is

I've found Shrine quests and enemy camps everywhere.

Repetitive maybe, but not empty
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy IX, Mass Effect 2

User Info: astutecollie

astutecollie
1 year ago#9
fernantendo posted...
Out of curiosity, how could it be better?

And don't say by being smaller, since the complaint of it being empty would still hold.

More enemies, more enemy variety. There is not much right now. The 3D games have always had this problem, and im sure its for technical performance reasons. When you play say Link Between Worlds for example, every screen is pretty packed. Lots of enemies, lots of variety.

In BOTW you could run for 5 solid minutes and not see 1 single enemy. Sometimes you could even go like 10+ minutes depending on what youre doing without seeing anything. I do wish the worlds in the 3D Zeldas were closer to being as dense as the 2D ones. This is something they still havent achieved yet.

User Info: codin64

codin64
1 year ago#10
Ohhh this is a troll topic. I get it now.
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6072-0015
NNID: codin64
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Let's be honest - BOTW's world really is pretty empty.
  • Topic Archived