• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. So what determines when chest loot changes?

User Info: XImperialDragon

XImperialDragon
2 years ago#1
So my wife just completed the Shai Utoh Shrine, which she pulled up a guide in order to get the second chest (it didn't occur to her to propel herself using the first treasure chest, and I wasn't paying attention).

She showed that her guide said that the chest would contain a Traveler's Sword, but this actually contained a Royal Broadsword for her. What determines when loot upgrades to the next class, or is this just a mistake in the guide?
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.

User Info: spookyxelectric

spookyxelectric
2 years ago#2
Maybe number of orbs collected?

User Info: P0E

P0E
2 years ago#3
I've heard people say it might be the amount of chest you've opened to the amount of enemies you've killed. But those are just hypotheses. We know now that the kill count does improve the level that the mobs start spawning in after every Blood Moon, but if it indeed also affects chest or not is still up for debate.
Creepy is my favorite type of Pasta.

XImperialDragon
2 years ago#4
Maybe. No clue. I haven't been paying attention to see if she's been collecting different loot from myself (like I'd even remember anyway lol), but orbs make sense. Or maybe enemy progression? Some of the enemies she comes across are zebra-colored now so maybe that has something to do with it.
Sony bought Konami and will release a DDR game for the Nintendo 3DS. In this game, you set your 3DS on the floor and stomp on it till it no longer functions.

XImperialDragon
2 years ago#5
Ah, okay. So something changes chests, the jury is still out on what though.

Well, at least we're not crazy. Lol.

User Info: Hozu

Hozu
2 years ago#6
I've assumed it has to do with the number of Divine Beasts completed. Is that not it?
Its commonly known on GameFAQs that if anything is more evident than proven facts, its personal opinions.

User Info: TheLastSpecies

TheLastSpecies
2 years ago#7
I've wondered this too, lately I've started finding random weapons with enhancements when before I found only weapons without them.
3DS:1118-1357-9485 NintendoNetworkID: thelastspecies Animal Crossing New Leaf Dream Address: 4A00-000F-B09D Town Name: Bugtown

User Info: Dahaka66

Dahaka66
2 years ago#8
Hozu posted...
I've assumed it has to do with the number of Divine Beasts completed. Is that not it?

This is my theory. I think weapon strength and enemy difficulty (like the appearance of silver enemies late in the game) have to do with divine beast completion.
3DS Friend Code: 5327-1033-1632

XImperialDragon
2 years ago#9
I thought silver enemies occurred by killing more of that type of enemy? My wife's profile only has 3 of the Divine beasts completed so far, yet she's still getting Royal drops from chests.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. So what determines when chest loot changes?
  • Topic Archived