How does the weapon durability work?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. How does the weapon durability work?

User Info: 3superstitions

3superstitions
1 year ago#1
I'm curious ,so please enlighten me
Decidueye and little bewear walkin' through the forest laughing backn' forth at what the othern' has to say
STELLIO ,Stellio Gatos , STELLIO ,Stellio Gatos!!!

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
1 year ago#2
you hit things and eventually the weapon breaks
Welcome to the world of idiots.

User Info: the_rowan

the_rowan
1 year ago#3
I dunno if anyone has worked it out mechanically to the T yet, but I've observed the following:

It's based on the number of times you hit things, not just swinging at air, but this includes blocked strikes (so if an enemy blocks the spear's charged flurry of strikes, RIP durability).
Shields break even if you perfect shield, and also can break when you try to ride them (which can literally kill you depending on where it happens--it does a lot of damage to have it break on a steep slope even if you barely fall anywhere).
You have no indication of overall durability other than a warning when the weapon gets to very low durability (25%? 10%? Not sure what this threshold is.)
Throwing weapons does a LOT of durability damage, but does not instantly destroy well-made weapons. You can throw a good weapon at mounted enemies to knock them off and then pick up the same weapon, for example.
Breaking weapons by any means does double damage for that hit.

Not sure how things like setting wooden weapons on fire effect durability.
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia

User Info: kidesper

kidesper
1 year ago#4
you ever play battletoads? It's exactly like that.

User Info: edgarmorrtis

edgarmorrtis
1 year ago#5
It also looks like weapons will break faster if you're using them incorrectly.

Chopping down a tree with a sword will break it much quicker than it would an axe. Or using a spear on rocks instead of a hammer will shred the spear.
The world will look up and shout "save us". And I'll look down and whisper "Hodor".
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. How does the weapon durability work?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived