• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Weapon durability has sucked in every game it has ever been in.

User Info: Spade59

Spade59
2 years ago#1
Either that, or it was pointless.

Nintendo is westernizing Zelda and really f***ing up.

User Info: GloryChaos

GloryChaos
2 years ago#2
Fire Emblem
Brawl FC - 1332 8069 6690
http://i.imgur.com/OZ9aS.png

User Info: DrakNite

DrakNite
2 years ago#3
I liked it in Dead Island.
"Those are brave men," he told Ser Balon in admiration. "Let's go kill them." ~ Tyrion

User Info: Seanmw90

Seanmw90
2 years ago#4
I liked it fine in Dark Cloud (repairing with "repair powders) & Fallout 3 (repairing by cannibalizing spare weapons).

Also in Dark Cloud you needed to drink water in dungeons every so often or you suffered from dehydration.
PS4■3DS■Switch
Legend of Zelda▪Final Fantasy▪Tomb Raider▪Smash Bros▪Pokemon

User Info: Sonsaru

Sonsaru
2 years ago#5
It works in Dead Rising too, at least the first one. In fact, a large portion of the basic gameplay is really based around it.
Normal service will resume shortly.

User Info: 7656198

2 years ago#6
It works great in a lot of games; Dead Rising, Fallout 3, Dead Island. especially Dead Island, which how I feel it'll work in this game. You're going to be getting so many weapons so often you wont realize it imo that they break.
PSN: Snycher
Playing: Gravity Rush Remastered, Pokemon Sun, Odin Sphere HD, Ni no Kuni, Sims 3, SFV

User Info: Katellox

Katellox
2 years ago#7
some games i like it, some i don't, i think zelda looks like it handles it well since there's so much stuff available to use

fire emblem, diablo, most mmorpgs, works well to me

User Info: Gamechamp3k

Gamechamp3k
2 years ago#8
I think the running thread in any game I've played where it worked was that there was a weapon upgrade system. Making it possible for weapons to break with such a system in place meant that a weapon became more and more valuable the longer you used it, and thus you had more to lose if you made the mistake of breaking it. Breaking your weapon in a game like, say, Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja, is almost as bad as erasing your save file. It's EASIER to get suitable base weapons at the endgame, but damn near impossible to actually beat it without a weapon you've poured hours into, even if Izuna herself is max level.

Without weapon crafting, it can end up just being "I have to switch from my iron sword to another of my dozen identical iron swords. Because the game said so."
http://i.imgur.com/ES0IWHz.jpg
Kuro-channnnnnn... <3

User Info: IMNOTRAGED

IMNOTRAGED
2 years ago#9
Gamechamp3k posted...

Without weapon crafting, it can end up just being "I have to switch from my iron sword to another of my dozen identical iron swords. Because the game said so."

Which is a problem why? I guess I just don't get it. All I can imagine whenever someone talks about weapon durability being bad is them yelling at the screen over having to press a couple of buttons. Seems silly.
http://i.imgur.com/kkm3QaD.jpg

User Info: srcraven

srcraven
2 years ago#10
Gamechamp3k posted...
I think the running thread in any game I've played where it worked was that there was a weapon upgrade system. Making it possible for weapons to break with such a system in place meant that a weapon became more and more valuable the longer you used it, and thus you had more to lose if you made the mistake of breaking it. Breaking your weapon in a game like, say, Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja, is almost as bad as erasing your save file. It's EASIER to get suitable base weapons at the endgame, but damn near impossible to actually beat it without a weapon you've poured hours into, even if Izuna herself is max level.

Majora's Mask had the mountain smithy and Skyward Sword had the scrap shop so I'm sure that there will be some sort of upgradable equipment. I'm willing bet you can upgrade base weapons because you see the same weapons with different levels of durability some had a diamond next to the weapon name when you pick them in the demo
3DS FC: 4811-7172-2010
  1. Boards
  2. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  3. Weapon durability has sucked in every game it has ever been in.
  • Topic Archived