• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Vote with your wallet, DO NOT buy the Nintendo Switch OLED!

User Info: ZeroXraven

ZeroXraven
1 month ago#71
JasonWhitlock posted...
What grown man uses their switch on the go..?

Wut? It's arguably big enough to be specifically targeted at adults. Also, most "grown" men use their phone everyday, so I don't see why you'd assume using a handheld device is some foreign concept to a "grown man". Also, a married man who shares the TV with his SO might want to game while they watch something on TV, so they undock the Switch and play it. Actually, this seems to be the most common thing I see on Reddit and other forums for why people like the portability of the Switch.

User Info: Mariofan15

Mariofan15
1 month ago#72
I'm not buying it because I dont need it. It aint for the whining you did.
Switch fc:SW-5006-6121-6251

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
1 month ago#73
Questionmarktarius posted...
Wii U is a completely different processor architecture.
It's just so odd how these sort of things are only coming up now, and only with Nintendo's platforms.....
You know, fish can hear you thinking just before you sneeze...

ZeroXraven
1 month ago#74
With the talk of 3DS backwards compatibility...I'd have rather of seen more done to port them over and give them the HD treatment. There's about a dozen or so ports like that, and I think it's a great idea, and Nintendo especially should have ported more of their games over IMO.
Questionmarktarius 1 month ago#75
DiscostewSM posted...
It's just so odd how these sort of things are only coming up now, and only with Nintendo's platforms.....
what does that mean?

User Info: JasonWhitlock

JasonWhitlock
1 month ago#76
ZeroXraven posted...
Wut? It's arguably big enough to be specifically targeted at adults. Also, most "grown" men use their phone everyday, so I don't see why you'd assume using a handheld device is some foreign concept to a "grown man". Also, a married man who shares the TV with his SO might want to game while they watch something on TV, so they undock the Switch and play it. Actually, this seems to be the most common thing I see on Reddit and other forums for why people like the portability of the Switch.
I don't know why you are bringing phones into this. I said that grown men do not walk around with a Nintendo switch. I've never seen one. Only seen a group of kids at a mall once have it out.

I suppose in that odd scenario where you only have one TV and you spend your time separately from your SO... I guess..? Doesn't seem that appealing to adults? Are you out? You are at work, hanging out with people, doing errands.. At home? Why not actually look at much bigger and better screen..? Seems like its only good for undisciplined kids who need a screen in their face 24/7.
We've gone from Kabul to Killbul in one administration

User Info: TheShining79

TheShining79
1 month ago#77
JasonWhitlock posted...
I don't know why you are bringing phones into this. I said that grown men do not walk around with a Nintendo switch. I've never seen one. Only seen a group of kids at a mall once have it out.

I suppose in that odd scenario where you only have one TV and you spend your time separately from your SO... I guess..? Doesn't seem that appealing to adults? Are you out? You are at work, hanging out with people, doing errands.. At home? Why not actually look at much bigger and better screen..? Seems like its only good for undisciplined kids who need a screen in their face 24/7.

Maybe because they aren't walking around and are playing at their office desk during down time? Or on lunch break?
And therefore you'd never actually see them or their Switch?

There are a lot of people who do just that. You don't have to be outside to take advantage of the Switch's portability.
sig.

ZeroXraven
1 month ago#78
JasonWhitlock posted...

I mean, I bring my Switch basically wherever I go. Also, there's this thing that's been going on where people haven't been allowed out much, especially in cities, for almost two years now (2 weeks to slow the spread though), so that might have something to do also with not seeing anyone out with it. Regardless, doesn't matter, you don't have to take the Switch with you outside your house to enjoy the handheld aspect. I basically grew up gaming on handhelds, as the Gameboy Color was my first "console" I ever owned, and most of my time playing portable games is in my own house. I enjoy being able to get in a comfortable spot anywhere around, and playing great games, instead of being tied down to my chair and my monitor/TV.

Also, the phone thing was just a comparison since you made it sound immature to use a Switch portably, which is a laughably bad take.

User Info: cloud_8f8f

cloud_8f8f
1 month ago#79
Too late, TC. Just paid it off today.

And Rich is a piece of s***.
Playing: Far Cry 6 (PS5), Shin Megami Tensei V (NS), Pokemon Brilliant Diamond (NS)
Awaiting: NA

User Info: Sportsaholic

Sportsaholic
1 month ago#80
PS4Warrior posted...
Don't worry i haven't!

Buffalo Bills, Sabres, Bison, & Bandits, UB Bulls, Buffalo Braves/SD/LA Clippers, NY Yankees
Switch: 2611-7568-0218 | XBL: mbbrp | PSN: mbbrp
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Vote with your wallet, DO NOT buy the Nintendo Switch OLED!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A