• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. 74% of Asian Natives are more interested in the Steam Deck than Switch OLED

User Info: kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken
3 months ago#1
Interesting read. https://sea.ign.com/steam-deck/175740/news/steam-deck-or-nintendo-switch-oled-heres-what-asians-really-prefer

"The survey found that among the 10 countries, the Steam Deck has just under three times the amount of search interests, as compared to the Nintendo Switch OLED within the month of July 2021.

Meanwhile, Hong Kong, Singapore, and Taiwan seem to have an almost identical amount of interest in both handhelds, splitting between a 60/40 ratio between the Steam Deck and Switch OLED respectively. Japan alone has eight times the amount of searches for the Steam Deck compared to the Switch OLED.

The biggest thing to come out of this survey is the amount of excitement generated by Southeast Asia alone for Valve’s upcoming handheld console. The Steam Deck had 84 per cent more searches compared to the Switch OLED in Indonesia alone.

In the Philippines, Thailand and Malaysia, the Steam Deck had twice the amount of searches compared to the Nintendo Switch. According to the survey, there are 2.6 times more Google searches for the Steam Deck than the Nintendo Switch OLED in Southeast Asia as a whole.
The iPrice survey also shows that the Steam Deck’s library of cross-platform games could be a contributing factor to its popularity, as the Steam library alone has the highest number of cross-platform games, with 172 games that offer this feature.

The Nintendo Switch’s library, on the other hand, has only 61 games that offer this feature, which are only offered by third-party games like Dauntless, Fortnite and Rocket League.

Cross-platform is definitely becoming more popular, and is definitely the direction that all developers and publishers should push for in the future. Whether it truly is the main factor for the Steam Deck’s success remains to be seen."

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/6/0/0/AAdcVfAACQbw.jpg https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/a/user_image/6/0/1/AAdcVfAACQbx.png

Console wars are dumb
Aliens, Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC) Vanguard, Ghost of Tsushima (PS5) Forza H5, Halo Infinite (Series X) Ring Fit, Disco Elysium (Switch)

User Info: chief606

chief606
3 months ago#2
I dont think many people are interested in the OLED switch, doesn't matter which country they live in.
FC 4485-4052-7934, PSN SARGEh32149606 Xbox live: GhostG2050
HOLD YOUR FIRE! I'm a human!

User Info: Child_Adrift

Child_Adrift
3 months ago#3
Well duh, the steam deck is a brand new system, and the OLED Switch is an update.
Recently Finished: Shantae Seven Sirens, 2236 AD

User Info: kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken
3 months ago#4
Child_Adrift posted...
Well duh, the steam deck is a brand new system, and the OLED Switch is an update.

I think it is pretty cool that a handheld PC is gaining that kind of attention. Unfortunately, it isn't even available to reserve outside of U.S., Canada, European Union, and U.K.
Console wars are dumb
Aliens, Red Dead Redemption 2 (PC) Vanguard, Ghost of Tsushima (PS5) Forza H5, Halo Infinite (Series X) Ring Fit, Disco Elysium (Switch)

User Info: AsunaSAOYuuki

AsunaSAOYuuki
3 months ago#5
It just says that they were googled more. They don't need to Google what the Switch is but the Steam Deck is a new mess all together.

User Info: Naruzeldamaster

Naruzeldamaster
3 months ago#6
OLED switch is for folks who don't already have a switch but wanted to get one.

Steam Deck is for people who only game on consoles but want a cheap PC. And that's literally all it is.

Chances of sales of the switch dropping due to steam deck are kind of slim honestly. We might see a dip in sales for a bit but when BOTW 2 comes out we'll probably see a surge in switch sales again.
Supports only: A Three Houses fanfic: https://tinyurl.com/fbm6p95v
Current Chapter: Jeralt x Curran (Taguel OC)

User Info: Ruppe21

Ruppe21
3 months ago#7
That's because 74% probably already owns a Switch.

User Info: Sportsaholic

Sportsaholic
3 months ago#8
Naruzeldamaster posted...
Chances of sales of the switch dropping due to steam deck are kind of slim honestly.

I don’t think anyone suggested that?
Buffalo Bills, Sabres, Bison, & Bandits, UB Bulls, Buffalo Braves/SD/LA Clippers, NY Yankees
Switch: 2611-7568-0218 | XBL: mbbrp | PSN: mbbrp

User Info: Justobuy

Justobuy
3 months ago#9
You failed, but at least you tried...
Games on my backlog/not finish : 10
Currently playing : tony hawk 1+2 remake, tetris 99, mario maker 2

User Info: kranix1

kranix1
3 months ago#10
Ruppe21 posted...
That's because 74% probably already owns a Switch.

It's not because Switch is a lame duck whose remaining notable releases can be counted on one hand?

See, as someone who hasn't bought a Switch game in over 2 years, I actually bought Hades for Steam instead of Switch in light of recent developments.
"My kids are growing up in an era where the word 'Nintendo' means 'it might work this time, or it might frustrate you."- Engadget
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. 74% of Asian Natives are more interested in the Steam Deck than Switch OLED
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A