• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is Pokemon Sword/Shield the most hated Switch exclusive?

User Info: Vegeta1000

Vegeta1000
4 months ago#61
The top 5 most hated 1st party exclusives imo:

1. Pokemon Sword/Shield
  2. Mario Golf: Super Rush
  3. Paper Mario: The Origami King
  4. Pokemon Let's Go, Pikachu/Eevee (initial backlash was strong)
  5. Super Mario Party/Mario Tennis Aces/Yoshi's Crafted World (either one would do)
"When's he's on the mic you don't go next" MF DOOM
Switch FC: SW - 1251 - 6932 - 4815

User Info: SyCo_VeNoM

SyCo_VeNoM
4 months ago#62
ROB45 posted...
This has already been explained to him many, many times.

Ahh I've not been the most active in the past year or so on the board, and ignore most of the hate topics so I missed that.
AstralFrost: I need to be able to say that PSN alone outsold every aspect of the competition otherwise I don't think I can live with myself.

User Info: HooliganComboFT

HooliganComboFT
4 months ago#63
Vegeta1000 posted...

Those are casuals fans who most likely won't be visiting online gaming message forums or watching review videos on YouTube.

So in other words the by far majority don’t hate the game. Only the niche enthusiast demographic that goes to forums/news daily blowing things out of proportion on what is “hated” as usual. 12 people online being very loud online insisting something is hated does not make it hated.

User Info: ArmaniGirlNinja

ArmaniGirlNinja
4 months ago#64
If we're on nerd forums with limited scope/sample size... yeah.

In the real world though, Sw/Sh has a lot of sales and praise.
http://i.animecrazy.net/1611.jpg
"I'll give half of my life to you, and you give half of yours to me!"

User Info: LouisCyphre6

LouisCyphre6
4 months ago#65
Sword was disappointing in areas (IE the abysmal plot and Hop never shutting the f*** up...) but I still enjoyed it enough to finish it and get the DLC, unlike me dropping Let's Go Pikachu after the fourth gym...
Let's Go is infinitely more of a disappointment because at least whilst Sword has that upsetting dex cut, it still keeps the evolution lines in tact. Whilst I was just wishing the whole time that I played Let's Go that I could have Magnezone, Kingdra and all that. If they included all the cross-gen evos, then at least it'd be the first time you can use Sylveon in Kanto.
The Switch board's resident Satanist.

Vegeta1000
4 months ago#66
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
Ahh I've not been the most active in the past year or so on the board, and ignore most of the hate topics so I missed that.

ROB45 seems to think that any game not developed by a Nintendo studio isn't 1st party, but he's never gave an opinion on what Pokemon actually is. 2nd Party games technically don't exist since 2nd party studios rarely if ever publish games. It can't be 3rd party because every mainline game has been published by Nintendo.

HooliganComboFT posted...
So in other words the by far majority don’t hate the game. Only the niche enthusiast demographic that goes to forums/news daily blowing things out of proportion on what is “hated” as usual. 12 people online being very loud online insisting something is hated does not make it hated.

Casuals and non-gamers usually aren't the ones writing reviews or posting videos about the games online and just plays games that they have interest in. They can't really be compared to actual gamers who look into that stuff. You must think Madden games are well received because they sell so good. Madden 21 literally made fans start a campaign to get EA removed from making football games. 12 people online? You really are delusional as f***. Pokemon Sword/Shield was already divisive months before it even released just from the National Dexit controversy alone.

ArmaniGirlNinja posted...
If we're on nerd forums with limited scope/sample size... yeah.

In the real world though, Sw/Sh has a lot of sales and praise.

A lot of sales yes, but not every casual has been happy with the games either.

LouisCyphre6 posted...
Sword was disappointing in areas (IE the abysmal plot and Hop never shutting the f*** up...) but I still enjoyed it enough to finish it and get the DLC, unlike me dropping Let's Go Pikachu after the fourth gym...
Let's Go is infinitely more of a disappointment because at least whilst Sword has that upsetting dex cut, it still keeps the evolution lines in tact. Whilst I was just wishing the whole time that I played Let's Go that I could have Magnezone, Kingdra and all that. If they included all the cross-gen evos, then at least it'd be the first time you can use Sylveon in Kanto.

Let's Go was always meant to be a experimental project to lure the Pokemon Go fans in. Anyone logically played that game with low expectations whereas Pokemon Sword/Shield was the first traditional Pokemon released on a home console and considering how much more powerful the Switch is than any previous handheld there was a lot of hype surrounding it. Safe to say it didn't deliver.

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
4 months ago#67
Genuine question: do you consider Dragon Quest games on Nintendo platforms “first party”? They’re all published by Nintendo.
Top 10: TP > BotW > BD > BS: EL > DQIX > ALttP > FFXIII > HK > FE: Fates > Pokemon D/P/P

User Info: ROB45

ROB45
4 months ago#68
SyCo_VeNoM posted...
It's not even just hate topics. One that was done was a "which Wii U ports were better on Wii U than Switch" and he told like everyone they were wrong when they posted. It was pretty bad.

User Info: real-memoryman3

real-memoryman3
4 months ago#69
Vegeta1000 posted...
The top 5 most hated 1st party exclusives imo:

1. Pokemon Sword/Shield
2. Mario Golf: Super Rush
3. Paper Mario: The Origami King
4. Pokemon Let's Go, Pikachu/Eevee (initial backlash was strong)
5. Super Mario Party/Mario Tennis Aces/Yoshi's Crafted World (either one would do)

Seems about right. I would put Animal Crossing and ARMS somewhere there too, probably ARMS above Mario Tennis (not biased...).

Vegeta1000
4 months ago#70
Thrasher7170 posted...
Genuine question: do you consider Dragon Quest games on Nintendo platforms “first party”? They’re all published by Nintendo.

No, because Nintendo only publishes the Dragon Quest games outside Japan. Same thing with the Warriors games.

ROB45 posted...
It's not even just hate topics. One that was done was a "which Wii U ports were better on Wii U than Switch" and he told like everyone they were wrong when they posted. It was pretty bad.

Oh please. All I did was argue about the quality of the New Super Mario Bros U port and even acknowledged LEGO City Undercover being better on the Wii U. I'm still waiting on you to prove why Pokemon isn't first party.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Is Pokemon Sword/Shield the most hated Switch exclusive?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A