• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. NES Joycons worth getting?

User Info: EternalWolf

EternalWolf
1 month ago#1
Was thinking of getting these but they cost the price of a retail game and there are still some I haven't picked up(Smash, AC, Maker and maybe Luigi).

NES games are almost impossible to play because I can't remap the controls. Is the dpad on the NES Joycons good and does it feel like playing on a NES or not really?
As We Go...

User Info: akira595

akira595
1 month ago#2
They pretty much feel like you’re using an original NES controller, more or less. The build quality is great.

Whether they’re worth it or not comes down to how much you plan on playing the NES app (or some other games like the Megaman and Castlevania collections).

I’m glad I have the controllers when I do play those games, but I also don’t feel like I’ve used them enough to get my money’s worth. Personally, I wish I had gotten them on sale (which does happen from time to time).
"Well, sir, I feel like a, like a slice of butter... melting on top of a big-ol' pile of flapjacks.."

User Info: sh1234

sh1234
1 month ago#3
They go on sale for half price occasionally.
SMM2: S8Q-W4R-40H
Sam

User Info: EternalWolf

EternalWolf
1 month ago#4
Thanks for letting me know they go on sale, didn't think they would be a product that does. I'll definitely wait then.
As We Go...

User Info: wordscansay

wordscansay
1 month ago#5
The SNES one is better, works well with NES games and you only have to buy 1. Also I thought the last major system update allowed for remapping buttons? I haven't tried it myself but I could have sworn I read that.

As for the NES controllers, I regret buying them after getting the SNES ones. Another note the d-pad isn't as pronounce as the original NES controller. Same can be said of the ones that came with the NES classic. It bothered me enough I swapped them out with an OG d-pad on my classic.

User Info: SyCo_VeNoM

SyCo_VeNoM
1 month ago#6
I got the SNES one good controller I've used to for other games outside the SNES, and NES app like in blazblue basically it will work with any game that don't need the analog stick
AstralFrost: I need to be able to say that PSN alone outsold every aspect of the competition otherwise I don't think I can live with myself.

User Info: bigjnyc

bigjnyc
1 month ago#7
I have the NES Joycons and I say it completely worth it. I will not play the NES games without it. Plus I like on the arcade classics games. The only problem I have with them is aside from the NES app you can't exit to the home screen.
XBL, MiiVerse - bigJnyc Switch FC:SW-5119-8307-0511
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. NES Joycons worth getting?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A