• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo apologizes for joycon drift

User Info: dextorboot

dextorboot
1 week ago#21
This isn't an apology to us, the consumers. It was to the shareholders.

User Info: metroidman18

metroidman18
1 week ago#22
dextorboot posted...
This isn't an apology to us, the consumers. It was to the shareholders.
Makes perfect sense actually.
"You can live next to a river of sewage water and still experience a drought"
-S. Miyamoto

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
1 week ago#23
PS4Warrior posted...
So are they going to make future joycons not drift?
That's pretty damn impossible

metroidman18 posted... Makes perfect sense actually.
If you can't read sure

"Regarding the Joy-Con, we apologize for any trouble caused to our customers,”
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
1 week ago#24
akira595 posted...
What is he apologizing for? According to half this board, drift is just a made up issue used to bash Nintendo and make Sony look better. Just ask the guy with 8 pairs of Cons that has never had any issues.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/78743818

Half is 14% now?

Bet this guy won't issue an apology for his incredibly bad take, lol.

On-topic, apologies sound nice, but if they can't come up with a plan of action to rectify the issue, it's just typical p.r. stuff.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"Maybe this Chinese supervirus is a blessing in disguise." - kranix1, showing their level of class.

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
1 week ago#25
Baha05 posted...
That's pretty damn impossible

If you can't read sure

Is it? The joycons seemed to be the most reported drifting controllers.
PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.

Baha05
1 week ago#26
PS4Warrior posted...
Is it? The joycons seemed to be the most reported drifting controllers.
I mean are they really or do we just hear about them simply on these forums? Again though at best they could possibly reduce the defect rate but you will never have something that doesn't drift at all. I made a topic on the PS4 forums asking for help and looking at the box I bought this RG Dualshock in November and it crapped out in early June for drifting issues. Kinda of a common thing in general for controllers to drift.

The big question would be what the defect rate in Joy Cons are and if they can actually tell that apart from wear an tear.

dextorboot
1 week ago#27
Baha05 posted...
If you can't read sure

Sucks to not be able to read. This is from the financial Q&A portion of a shareholders meeting.

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
1 week ago#28
Baha05 posted...
I mean are they really or do we just hear about them simply on these forums? Again though at best they could possibly reduce the defect rate but you will never have something that doesn't drift at all. I made a topic on the PS4 forums asking for help and looking at the box I bought this RG Dualshock in November and it crapped out in early June for drifting issues. Kinda of a common thing in general for controllers to drift.

The big question would be what the defect rate in Joy Cons are and if they can actually tell that apart from wear an tear.
Nintendo set up a repair sysatem just to fix joycons Lmao, they just apologized for it. So yeah i think they are the most drifting controllers :P.

PS4 - Because it was the next gen console i was the most interested in.
Warrior - Because i usually pick the Warrior class in MMORPGs when i played them.

Baha05
1 week ago#29
dextorboot posted...
Sucks to not be able to read. This is from the financial Q&A portion of a shareholders meeting.
Again apologized to their CUSTOMERS.

PS4Warrior posted...
Nintendo set up a repair sysatem just to fix joycons Lmao, they just apologized for it. So yeah i think they are the most drifting controllers :P.
They had that set up perido though in general and again Sony and Microsoft offers those sorts of ervices too (SOny I would say sucks more at it given you can't buy repairs) But the fact is all controllers in general gets drifting issues. For the Switch it's more a question of how bad is the defect rate on them?

dextorboot
1 week ago#30
Baha05 posted...
Again apologized to their CUSTOMERS.
They're addressing the shareholders directly and apologizing to them for the drift their customers are experiencing, because that affects the shareholders.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo apologizes for joycon drift
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A