• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo may consider replacing Directs in the future.

User Info: batman404

batman404
1 week ago#11
Direct?

https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/4/1/2/AAWVXQAAAoI8.jpg
Are you there God? It's me, Margaret.

User Info: GigantLuffy

GigantLuffy
1 week ago#12
Baha05 posted...
doing PR Statements
PR Statements don't attract as much attention as a Direct. That's a seriously stupid move.
HEY HEY HEY!!!

User Info: GrooseKirby

GrooseKirby
1 week ago#13
SmashBro25 posted...
You can't replace something that hasn't happened...

based

I don't know what their new plan is for the future specifically, but radio silence is by no means a more effective method of conveying announcements.
You were born as a human, not a sheep. Remember that well.

User Info: kranix1

kranix1
1 week ago#14
So they're going to bring back Directs when they have games to announce?

"My kids are growing up in an era where the word 'Nintendo' means 'it might work this time, or it might frustrate you."- Engadget

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
1 week ago#15
I mean, haven't they already done this? When's the last time we had a full Direct that wasn't called a "mini" or specific to one game? Seems to me as though they've already replaced traditional Directs.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"Maybe this Chinese supervirus is a blessing in disguise." - kranix1, showing their level of class.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
1 week ago#16
the newer directs have lacked the personality of the old ones i liked the feeling of spending time witht he developers for a bit

we all knew and loved iwata so much because of the directs same reason we love reggie really
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: Akg0001

Akg0001
1 week ago#17
But directs are the best already
I love video games.

User Info: DreTam2000

DreTam2000
1 week ago#18
Nintendo is just talking, as usual.

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
1 week ago#19
Ace-of-Clubs posted...
I mean, haven't they already done this? When's the last time we had a full Direct that wasn't called a "mini" or specific to one game? Seems to me as though they've already replaced traditional Directs.
Nintendo doesn't do directs anymore, because whenever there is a direct, it doesn't count as a direct for some reason.
Nintendo direct to be announced today. Got it from a reliable source. If I'm wrong, you'll never see me here again. - Apocalypsah https://tinyurl.com/rrjmtfj

User Info: BlanketPI

BlanketPI
1 week ago#20
Adam_Ace posted...
Honestly I wouldn't mind if they scrapped the directs for Smash Bros or single games. I still find it hilarious they dedicated an entire smash direct to Min Min and nothing else (bar 1 or 2 amiibo) . It feels like they could've just popped that on Switch news and it wouldn't have been so disappointing. Same goes for Pokemon Presents and it's idiotic misfire with Unite. In fact the Wii managed to do this just fine.
Those weren't Directs. They used the term "Presents" for a reason. Sakurai even stated for Sakurai Presents Hero that they didn't have the budget to do a Direct for each character. And it seems that these "Presents" are both consistently single game/series focused and less frequently about multiple releases/updates. And they also have smaller budgets, or at least the Smash ones do, anyway.

That being said, they have done single-game Directs in the past, so your statement is sort of relevant, anyway? I appreciate the differentiation, at least. Lets us know a little bit more about what to expect.

Edit: I find that my post came right after Megaman Omega's to be funny. I was using it in a very different context, but sure. (I do count those Mini-Directs and Indie Directs as actual Directs because they have "Direct" in their name and they're on the Nintendo website. Not sure if Indie World is officially a Direct, though.)
All we can hear is "Them bad, we good," echo back.
All we can hear is our own convictions urging us on still further and crazier into hatred.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Nintendo may consider replacing Directs in the future.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A