• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Ever going to be another Sonic adventures?

User Info: yosheta

yosheta
4 days ago#11
Rygon posted...
After Sonic 4 would another sidescrolling Sonic release? After Unleashed was the boost style doomed?
Y'know... Unleashed is pretty much the only "Boost" game where I do think you go way too fast to react with the level design without memorization.

Glad future games toned down how fast you boosted.
Dohoho
There’ll never be another Sonic Adventure. There will never be anything more substantial than an HD touch up for SA1/2 either.

Sonic Adventure is by nature heavily flawed. You cannot remove these flaws without it ceasing to be Sonic Adventure.

User Info: Agenhym

Agenhym
4 days ago#13
What parts of Sonic Adventure did you like that didn't get transposed into later Sonic titles? Most of the stuff I liked about the adventures games has been continued in later titles, while the parts I didn't like we're left behind.

I would like to see modern Sonic games have larger hub areas to explore like in SA1, but they weren't even in SA2.

6 great things about Sonic Adventure 1 & 2: https://youtu.be/XUkuPVI_W_c

User Info: ZenithianHero

ZenithianHero
3 days ago#14
CrimsonSmasher posted...
There’ll never be another Sonic Adventure. There will never be anything more substantial than an HD touch up for SA1/2 either.

Sonic Adventure is by nature heavily flawed. You cannot remove these flaws without it ceasing to be Sonic Adventure.

What are these "flaws" that cannot be fixed? Sounds like stuff I LIKE about Adventure. I do want a spotlight on other characters. They just don't have to have different gameplay just whatever makes sense for them.

Agenhym posted...
What parts of Sonic Adventure did you like that didn't get transposed into later Sonic titles? Most of the stuff I liked about the adventures games has been continued in later titles, while the parts I didn't like we're left behind.

I would like to see modern Sonic games have larger hub areas to explore like in SA1, but they weren't even in SA2.

Well when I played games like Colors and Generations I was disappointed that the stories weren't all that grand. There was also a lot more 2D in recent entries than I thought they would.
I also missed Chao Garden or some kind of mode where revisiting levels is meaningful.

My blog | http://zenithianhero.tumblr.com/
Sega news site | http://www.segalization.com/

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
3 days ago#15
They can't even port the original games right.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Goku SS/Vegeta SS (FZ).

Blayshy
3 days ago#16
CrimsonSmasher posted...

Flawed, maybe. Heavily? Uh, what?
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde/Seth/Linne team (BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle), Goku SS/Vegeta SS (FZ).
Sonic Adventure 3 seems like it could be a great move for the franchise right now. We’re at peak nostalgia for the first Adventure games, and the franchise as a whole has become so much more self-aware.

To the folks saying the gameplay can’t be updated, that’s just silly. Of course it can be. You really think it’s impossible to make robot-based, destruction-heavy levels fun? Or that they couldn’t fix up the jewel hunting in a more engaging way? Of course they can. And they could certainly choose to mix it up even more than that pretty easily.
King Boo for Super Smash Bros!
StarD86 is forever my hero
(edited 3 days ago)

Blayshy
3 days ago#18
Jack_the_monke7 posted...
Sonic Adventure 3 seems like it could be a great move for the franchise right now. We’re at peak nostalgia for the first Adventure games, and the franchise as a whole has become so much more self-aware.
Not in a good way, tho.

Just because you're aware of your flaws doesn't give you an excuse to not try better.
Blayshy posted...
Not in a good way, tho.

Just because you're aware of your flaws doesn't give you an excuse to not try better.

Says you.

A lot of fans enjoy the Sonic social media pages and the humor in the Sonic Boom tv series.
King Boo for Super Smash Bros!
StarD86 is forever my hero

User Info: ZenithianHero

ZenithianHero
3 days ago#20
Sonic Boom cartoon is on point with its comedy most of the time. Has better characterization than their gaming counterparts in recent entries. Tails especially.
My blog | http://zenithianhero.tumblr.com/
Sega news site | http://www.segalization.com/
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Ever going to be another Sonic adventures?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A