• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Buying a Switch. What Do I Need To Know?

User Info: Balzak74

Balzak74
4 days ago#41
Digital games require, a internet connection every time you start them up. The console checks to see if the game is tied to your account.
If you plan to travel with your switch, get some physical games as well.

I wish I knew that before I purchased a lite.
I am not late, I just live in world that's too early
Balzak74 posted...
Digital games require, a internet connection every time you start them up. The console checks to see if the game is tied to your account.

Set your Lite to be your "primary".

User Info: bsp77

bsp77
4 days ago#43
Balzak74 posted...

I don't think that is right. I have played plenty of digital games without a connection when playing. It is possible it was in sleep mode before I started that session without a connection, but I think I have switched from physical to digital while on a plane with no problem. Not sure is that made sense or not.
Currently playing: The Outer Worlds, Ring Fit Adventure

Balzak74
4 days ago#44
Questionmarktarius posted...
Set your Lite to be your "primary".
I also have a lite, for my six year old son. Either his switch checks or mine does. I would rather his switch be as close to all digital.

Thank you for your advice.

User Info: Game4fun84

Game4fun84
4 days ago#45
WhillB posted...
I'm really thinking of getting a Switch.

Haven't had a Nintendo console since the Gamecube.

What tips does anyone have?

Are Memory cards needed? Do you have to buy special kinds, or does any Micro SD work?

I am really out of the loop with Nintendo today.

Thanks.
Just know it’s worth it and get a pro controller. Games I recommend right away are.
breath of the wild
octopath traveler
mario odyssey
tropical freeze
tetris 99
Game4fun84 posted...
tetris 99
That one is heavily dependent on the online subscription. Get Puyo-puyo Tetris instead.

Balzak74
4 days ago#47
bsp77 posted...
I don't think that is right. I have played plenty of digital games without a connection when playing. It is possible it was in sleep mode before I started that session without a connection, but I think I have switched from physical to digital while on a plane with no problem. Not sure is that made sense or not.
No, what you wrote makes sense.
I don't leave my consoles in sleep mode unless I am downloading something. Perhaps if the console is in sleep mode, the previous check in still stands?

User Info: run2pee

run2pee
4 days ago#48
Balzak74 posted...

This is false

Only if u have two switches and are trying to play the same purchased copy of a digital title on the console you’ve deemed “secondary.” Primary console can play digital on friekin airplane mode

Tc, this thread is a good showcase for who u wanna put on that trusty ignore list if u should ever come back to these boards in the future
The right thing ... what is it? I wonder ... if you do the right thing ... does it make everybody ... happy?

Balzak74
4 days ago#49
run2pee posted...
This is false

Only if u have two switches and are trying to play the same purchased copy of a digital title on the console you’ve deemed “secondary.” Primary console can play digital on friekin airplane mode

Tc, this thread is a good showcase for who u wanna put on that trusty ignore list if u should ever come back to these boards in the future
I down load games on two switches, using the same account. These are different games, not the same. My son had his switch in the car. He has Grid autosport, and Spyro the dragon. Both games are digital. When he tried to launch either game, he was promoted to connect to wifi. He tried under both his name and mine.

I am willing to admit, I maybe doing something wrong. I can only report on my own experiences.

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
4 days ago#50
Well, I did it.

Decided to stop by GameStop on my way home from work last night.

Their price is the same as anywhere else, and no worries about having it shipped through the mail. I have been keeping an eye on this system, price wise, and have never really seen any decent sales. Certainly nothing worth waiting for. It would have to be at least $100 off for me to care.

Got Mario Odyssey to start off with. Zelda will be next. Feels great to play a Mario game again!

I have screen protectors in my Amazon cart, and am also gonna get a hard case. Just something to keep it in when not in use.

I'll definitely get the Pro controller as well. Even though my hands are not that big, the controllers are obviously made for children.

I appreciate all the responses.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Buying a Switch. What Do I Need To Know?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A