• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. The lack of an English dub in Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a turn off

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
8 months ago#101
afr1234 posted...
Is funny because my console isn't banned. That means that i have done nothing illegal, keep your delusion of "less pokemon is better".
i wonder why you were in airplane mode with a digital copy of FE then a few days ahead of release? Can you explain the image? I know your post was deleted for piracy on your way to a month long ban, but I’m sure you still have access to the pic on Imgur. If not, it’s in post 50. :)

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/77886373
NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632/IGN:Omega

User Info: RevOn_DX

RevOn_DX
8 months ago#102
BakaNekoNeko posted...
Holy f***. It's unbelievable that there are people who actually defends this trash. I mean, it's painful how bad it is.
5:39. I can't even... it sounds worse than even most fandubs.

ICK!! Like someone else said, as soon as Rex opened his mouth, I immediately changed it to Japanese. There's more feeling and emotion. The English dub is flat, like they sat on a desk and just read a script
The official Color TV-Game 15 of GameFAQs
Fatal Frame for Smash Bros, please. Thank you :3

User Info: AquaKnight3003

AquaKnight3003
8 months ago#103
Meh, they did plan on doing it but Reggie iirc, scrapped the idea in the end.

But whatever, if it's an option then I would take it. If not then I don't JP voices as long as it's not cringy.

BakaNekoNeko posted...
No. The opposite actually. Thanks God they didn't ruin it with another s***ty dub.
I still don't get why Americans are so obsessed with dubs. No matter what you tell, dubs are always ruining the source, regardless of the media country origin.

Anime community? No? Anime has nothing to do with wanting TRUE experience instead fake one?
It's normal for any sane community to care about original intentions and original characters?
Only America is still being hardcore with dubs for adults.

Like almost all Japanese games.

Wow. I love that mentality:

It's almost like a valid argument.
Oh great, you're back.
Here to stir up s*** like always, huh?

Also, to note guys that he's hated around the Xenoblade boards by both people who like subs and dubs so pay no mind to him.

User Info: BakaNekoNeko

BakaNekoNeko
8 months ago#104
Also, to note guys that he's hated around the Xenoblade boards by both people who like subs and dubs so pay no mind to him.
Pretty much you're the only one who hated my arguments and insulted me without any vaild reason. You had literally no counterarguments except "weeb" and other idiotic insulting buzzwords.
It's sad that people like you are defending jelly donuts localization and you're even proud of your ignorance and xenophobia. But I expect nothing less from someone who can't even defend his point and throwing childish buzzwords instead.
I've only managed to see your post because I was logged out. Don't bother replying, I won't see it anyway, because you're on my pokemon list for over a year.
Dubbing should be permabanned.

User Info: AquaKnight3003

AquaKnight3003
8 months ago#105
BakaNekoNeko posted...
Pretty much you're the only one who hated my arguments and insulted me without any vaild reason. You had literally no counterarguments except "weeb" and other idiotic insulting buzzwords.
It's sad that people like you are defending jelly donuts localization and you're even proud of your ignorance and xenophobia. But I expect nothing less from someone who can't even defend his point and throwing childish buzzwords instead.
Yes, I'm pretty sure that I called you "weeb" in other posts.
And I'm also pretty sure you definitely have valid arguments when you call people "braindead" or have "mental problems" on the other boards too.

User Info: HooliganComboFT

HooliganComboFT
8 months ago#106
Side note Xenoblade 2 dub is bad, but it’s bad in an enjoyable meme way that I actually did a playthrough for it.

There is a reason people keep citing dub Rex screaming like he couldn’t emotion to save his life, Nia sounding like a Welsh grandma, and the empire grunts spamming their two catchphrases.

Dub Malos I felt was the only legit good one

User Info: redweegee

redweegee
8 months ago#107
People still believe we can't understand tone of voice for a different language?

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
8 months ago#108
HooliganComboFT posted...
Side note Xenoblade 2 dub is bad, but it’s bad in an enjoyable meme way that I actually did a playthrough for it.

There is a reason people keep citing dub Rex screaming like he couldn’t emotion to save his life, Nia sounding like a Welsh grandma, and the empire grunts spamming their two catchphrases.

Dub Malos I felt was the only legit good one
Nah. Rex’s screams were the only bad thing in the dub, and even those were fine in the back half of the game.
Top 10: TP > BotW > BD > BS: EL > DQIX > ALttP > FFXIII > HK > FE: PoR > DPP
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. The lack of an English dub in Tokyo Mirage Sessions is a turn off
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A