• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Pokemon Sword or Shield?

User Info: sakuraarts

sakuraarts
3 days ago#1
Pokemon Sword or Shield?

Which version is recommended to get?

If it helps, i prefer a version with lots of cute pokemon
Dont look back at the past or ahead of the future, look at now and what you have achieved in your life, work on it, improve and adapt to the ever changing world

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
3 days ago#2
I prefer Shield.
NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632/IGN:Omega

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
3 days ago#3
Sword has the better Mascot, viability speaking.

look through here if your are curious on what version exclusive they have:

https://www.serebii.net/swordshield/exclusives.shtml

Something like Togepi and Pichu are available in both versions so those are exempt from the decision.
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
3 days ago#4
Option 3: Neither
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif

User Info: Shinstrike

Shinstrike
3 days ago#5
well you can get cute pokemon either way but getting your hands on a Zacian is much harder than getting your hands on a Zamazenta. so you definitely want Sword.
SW- 5350-5649-8019, PSN/Steam ShinstrikeX, FC 2766 - 8993 - 3310

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
3 days ago#6
Shinstrike posted...
well you can get cute pokemon either way but getting your hands on a Zacian is much harder than getting your hands on a Zamazenta. so you definitely want Sword.
Why is it harder?
You know, fish can hear you thinking just before you sneeze...

User Info: DanaDee

DanaDee
3 days ago#7
galarian ponyta is in shield
so is melony
facts are facts my guy
bananadanadanadanadanadanabanadanabanadeenabanadoona dana dee for smash dee-lc - official president of gamefaqs https://youtu.be/By5eWitQU8c

User Info: Shinstrike

Shinstrike
3 days ago#8
DiscostewSM posted...
Why is it harder?

because people are far less willing to give up a Zacian, than they are a Zamazenta. Because Zacian, is actually pretty good, whereas Zamazenta isnt bad but his ability is simply worse than Zacian's. for every person you see looking to trade their zacian, theres at least 20 people on these forums looking to trade their zamazenta.
SW- 5350-5649-8019, PSN/Steam ShinstrikeX, FC 2766 - 8993 - 3310

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
3 days ago#9
Shinstrike posted...
because people are far less willing to give up a Zacian, than they are a Zamazenta. Because Zacian, is actually pretty good, whereas Zamazenta isnt bad but his ability is simply worse than Zacian's. for every person you see looking to trade their zacian, theres at least 20 people on these forums looking to trade their zamazenta.
Makes sense. To be honest, I thought Zamazenta would be harder due to trading, because from what I understand, Sword sold a lot more copies, so there would be that many more people likely to trade their Zacian, at least for purposes of filling their Dex.
You know, fish can hear you thinking just before you sneeze...
DanaDee posted...
galarian ponyta is in shield
so is melony
facts are facts my guy

Gothitelle line is in Sword
so is Bea and Klara [Sword expansion]
facts are facts my guy

<s>I already got the shield exclusive Pokémon from trading so exclusive Pokémon is not really a big argument to get one or the other. </s>
(edited 3 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Pokemon Sword or Shield?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers