• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What was your most recent impulse buy? Disappointment or success?

User Info: Pink_a_Dink

Pink_a_Dink
1 week ago#1
The second I saw a Super Monkey Ball Remake I was like "oh snap I want this!" Boy were my nostalgia goggles foggy though. This was the biggest waste of $40 ever, and I feel like a major chump. I gotta at least try to finish it...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grtEt0Cudt8
Screw PS4, XB1, and Wii U. Gamesphere is where it's at. Its spherical! SPHERICAL!!!

User Info: Dystroph

Dystroph
1 week ago#2
Only the first 2 Monkey Ball games were great.

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 week ago#3
Divinity: Original Sin 2.

I'm not disappointed, per se, but it certainly isn't as good as I was lead to believe.
Top 10: TP > BotW > BD > BS: EL > DQIX > ALttP > FFXIII > HK > FE: PoR > DPP

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
1 week ago#4
Pokemon Shield cause peer pressure. It's okay. I don't regret it. I did buy a copy for a friend. Not sure if I regret it. He thanked me, but I don't know if he will play it. I don't think he even opened the gift and knows what the game is. Said he will open it on xmas
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.

User Info: Iokua

Iokua
1 week ago#5
The Grandia remaster. Having played both games already I know what I'm getting into, so I'm not going to be disappointed.
Welcome to gamefaqs, where poverty is an illegal activity.

User Info: BlueDsc

BlueDsc
1 week ago#6
Captain Toad just now from Best Buy's Cyber Monday sale. I had $20 in credit from a couple preorders recently so I ended up just paying $8.50ish for it.

Considering how much I enjoyed the game on Wii U I doubt I'll be disappointed.

User Info: slightlord

slightlord
1 week ago#7
Rock Candy Switch controller. I saw it for 20 dollars and just so happened to have a twenty in cash on me so I bought it (WalMart discount negates tax in my state) and it is the best controller I have used on Switch for Smash Bros. Ultimate. No, it is not the best overall controller for the console, but for Smash specifically, it is such a huge step forward. Probably the best 20 I spent on any video game accessory in quite some time - and it was a spontaneous/impulse buy.
I lost my second born daughter. I hope my pain is one you never EVER experience. In loving memory of Iyolah Phaeri Hassan 3-31-2006

User Info: Hanzoh

Hanzoh
1 week ago#8
Last year Valkyria Chronicles 4. Haven’t touched it yet. Should have waited for a sale.... which is now.

User Info: Gen0408

Gen0408
1 week ago#9
Crash's "Nitro Fueled."

It looks cluttered when it comes to the main menu, has delayed, non-instant skippable cutscenes, and the character select reeks of unnecessary filler with grindy skins and online unlocks. Its long loading times made me yearn for a hypothetical Mario Kart 9. And for a straight port of the original game.

User Info: CortanaTheAI

CortanaTheAI
1 week ago#10
Dragon Quest builders 2 for the switch

Can't tell you if it's a success or failure yet as it just came in the mail today but I've heard good things about it so I'm optimistic. Pretty disappointed though that the deal was only $10 off compared to the ps4 version which was like $25
No matter the man, we all wear masks.....either on our faces or over our hearts
-Godot (let them drink coffee)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What was your most recent impulse buy? Disappointment or success?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers