• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Will Falcom transition to the Switch when the PS5 releases?

User Info: VitalsLife

VitalsLife
4 weeks ago#1
Falcom is one of the oldest developer studios for traditional JRPGs, developing and stubbornly sticking to Sony systems. However, due to the Vitas lack of success they were unable to find the success they needed to thrive and are seeing steady declines with each new software release on the PS4. It is concerning to see a studio decline due to stubbornness in not developing for Nintendo Switch, the dominant gaming system in Japan right now.

Sony has abandoned the handheld market and will be raising the developer costs so developing for the Ps5 may be far too much for the small studio to handle.

This is where Nintendo Switch comes in handy. Falcom will have to start developing for the Switch or else they will continue to see declines as they do now. When the PS4 is dead ( it is already on the decline) and the PS5 is too expensive for its own good, Falcom has no choice. Will they go bankrupt, or wil they adapt and develop 3rd party games for Nintendo Switch. One sees games like Atelier thriving on Switch because they cultivated their fanbase and are now reaping the benefits with the latest Atelier installment: Atelier Ryza. Atelier is making a comeback. Ys is declining.

I am very concerned for Falcom. I do not want them to go bankrupt because they are too stubborn to develop for Switch. I would like to see them make a comeback as well by adding Switch to their platform of new releases.
The Nintendo Switch is such an awesome system!

User Info: MrMegaPhoenix

MrMegaPhoenix
4 weeks ago#2
no

PS5 is BC with PS4, so the easiest and cheapest option for falcom is to stay with them.

if you want their games, easiest option is to buy a PS5 like 80+ million others will do (at the least).

instead of pretending to feel concerned anyway, makes more sense to actually support them like the rest of us (who care about them) do
Switch ID: SW-8552-0090-1153
PS4 ID: Mr-Mega-Phoenix

User Info: VitalsLife

VitalsLife
4 weeks ago#3
MrMegaPhoenix posted...
no

PS5 is BC with PS4, so the easiest and cheapest option for falcom is to stay with them.

if you want their games, easiest option is to buy a PS5 like 80+ million others will do (at the least).

instead of pretending to feel concerned anyway, makes more sense to actually support them like the rest of us (who care about them) do

It won’t be an easy option when Japan is the primary fanbase for their games and the PS5 will likely decline even more than the PS4 as it will be more expensive. Very unfortunate.
The Nintendo Switch is such an awesome system!

MrMegaPhoenix
4 weeks ago#4
VitalsLife posted...
the PS5 will likely decline even more than the PS4 as it will be more expensive

I remember someone saying you were sony4thewin and the other dozen banned accounts and with things like this, I cant dispute that imo

VitalsLife posted...
Very unfortunate.

we believe you lol, we do ;)

User Info: Fauch

Fauch
4 weeks ago#5
I'm hoping that they'll change their mind. Falcom games on Switch would be <3.

Not getting my hopes up though.

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
4 weeks ago#6
Nope.
Doesn't matter about PS5s lower install base. They dont wanna support Nintendo systems
Disrupting topics to talk about users is acceptable. Calling it out is not allowed.
http://tinyurl.com/y29dxmlm

User Info: Layton_Kyouju

Layton_Kyouju
4 weeks ago#7
No. Falcom are Sony fanboys. And they’d rather sell well in Japan than sell well in a bigger market.
They’d rather go bankrupt (not saying this will happen) than support Switch. It’s like the Senran Kagura creator insisting in supporting PS4, complaining about the censorship and how Switch isn’t PS Vita and prefering to retire than to support the Switch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muW-ADqEt3o

User Info: DavCube

DavCube
4 weeks ago#8
Didn't you tell us that Sony was going to learn from their failures and make the Playstation 5 better because of Nintendo's domination?
http://backloggery.com/davcube

MrMegaPhoenix
4 weeks ago#9
Layton_Kyouju posted...
No. Falcom are Sony fanboys.

this is massively inaccurate though

legit though, its funny the TC actually took the time to rate the PS4 as unplayable and the switch as flawless. That's dedication lol

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
4 weeks ago#10
MrMegaPhoenix posted...
this is massively inaccurate though

legit though, its funny the TC actually took the time to rate the PS4 as unplayable and the switch as flawless. That's dedication lol

I guess its why Falcom released just 3 games on Nintendo systems in over 20 years.
How many DOZENS on Sony systems?
Disrupting topics to talk about users is acceptable. Calling it out is not allowed.
http://tinyurl.com/y29dxmlm
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Will Falcom transition to the Switch when the PS5 releases?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers