• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Will we even get Mario Kart 9 on switch?

User Info: KnightimeX

KnightimeX
1 month ago#1
MK8 was great the remaster was fine but i'm ready for mario kart 9.
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/264562-playstation-5

User Info: Whodatboii

Whodatboii
1 month ago#2
Yes.
I. The Future.

User Info: Herbette

Herbette
1 month ago#3
That's highly improbable, as Mk8dx is selling very well and should be an evergreen game like evry mariokart. I can't imagine nintendo spending ressource to cannibalize their own sales.
Also, releasing a second mariokart for the same device would durably hurt the brand. That would not only divide the userbase into two games, but would also make future customers more willing to wait for a newer version instead of buying Mariokart at any point of the lifespawn system.

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
1 month ago#4
Doubt it

Next gen most likely. I’ve never seen a Nintendo system get two Mario Kart games in one generation

User Info: laststarman237

laststarman237
1 month ago#5
ElectricMole posted...
Doubt it

Next gen most likely. I’ve never seen a Nintendo system get two Mario Kart games in one generation

The switch has not received its own mario kart game. Just a port.

User Info: Tha_Man_DS

Tha_Man_DS
1 month ago#6
Yup.
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
1 month ago#7
Herbette posted...

Also, releasing a second mariokart for the same device would durably hurt the brand. That would not only divide the userbase into two games, but would also make future customers more willing to wait for a newer version instead of buying Mariokart at any point of the lifespawn system.

3DS had 2 Mario Kart games (3 if we count BC)

DS had 2 (Again, counting BC)

Wii had 3 (4 if we count BC)

WiiU had 5 (IIRC) if we count BC.

The Switch only has one ATM, and it's not even a new game. It's basically MK8+Season Pass + Some extra content.
My signature is not important.

User Info: NintendoGamer83

NintendoGamer83
1 month ago#8
NeoArashi posted...

The Switch only has one ATM, and it's not even a new game. It's basically MK8+Season Pass + Some extra content.
Switch has 2
Disrupting topics to talk about users is acceptable. Calling it out is not allowed.
http://tinyurl.com/y29dxmlm

User Info: NeoArashi

NeoArashi
1 month ago#9
NintendoGamer83 posted...
NeoArashi posted...

Switch has 2

Oh, right. SMK from the SNES games.

Doesn't change the fact that the Switch doesn't have it's own MK game outside the extra content in MK8 DX
My signature is not important.

User Info: elephvant

elephvant
1 month ago#10
I think we will. I also think having 2 on the same system could be seen as a problem by Nintendo, which is why I also think they'll do something quite new with this one to differentiate it.

Whether that's a change to the mechanics as in Double Dash or the addition of a 'story' mode, I don't know, but I'm pretty sure we will see MK9 before the end of the Switch's lifetime.
Currently Playing: Astral Chain
Switch FC: SW-4616-4310-4138
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Will we even get Mario Kart 9 on switch?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers