• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Famitsu Week 36 - Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne and NBA 2K20's Debut Week

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
5 days ago#31
kinggravy posted...
StickMen1090 posted...
im guessing you missed the joke?

I think he misses a lot of jokes.

being the cheerleader often hides your logical side. dont go for the bro points, your arguments are much better
Playstation stats. 96 games played, 3000+ hrs in 2018. Maybe my ol lady was right...
Remember when Astral Chain launched low and everyone said, “it’s because it’s sold out, just wait!” Well, ok, here we are. Two weeks on the market and 41k sales to show for it. It dropped over 70% and was outsold by the over 9 month old Smash this week.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was afraid of. Japan continues to perpetuate the “Nintendo is just Mario and Pokémon” adage. Unless this game has miraculous legs or is blowing up digitally, it’s going to go down as a disappointment in Japan.
King Boo for Super Smash Bros!
StarD86 is forever my hero

User Info: kanzagi321

kanzagi321
5 days ago#33
Jack_the_monke7 posted...
Remember when Astral Chain launched low and everyone said, “it’s because it’s sold out, just wait!” Well, ok, here we are. Two weeks on the market and 41k sales to show for it. It dropped over 70% and was outsold by the over 9 month old Smash this week.

Yeah, this is exactly what I was afraid of. Japan continues to perpetuate the “Nintendo is just Mario and Pokémon” adage. Unless this game has miraculous legs or is blowing up digitally, it’s going to go down as a disappointment in Japan.
Well, there’s Splatoon’s breakout success in Japan to consider.

User Info: BenjaMan64

BenjaMan64
5 days ago#34

Launched low? Over 30,000 units sold for a new IP, not counting digital, which could have been stimulated by the vouchers, is considered low? Second place in debut week (And the game that beat it then already dropped off the Top 10 if that counts for something)? Huge sales in other countries?

Not every game has to sell CoD, GTA or Mario Kart numbers to be considered a success, dood. No offense intended.
Check yourselves for Hepatitis C. By the time symptoms show up, it may be too late to prevent permanent damage.
Rest in peace, Mom. 12/08/1947-11/10/2018.

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
5 days ago#35

Do you think when it's sold out they'll have that amount agian ready on shelves one week after? Perhaps you're not qualified to be talking about sales.

*facepalm*

How can it be a disappointment when it was SOLD OUT?
"The Switch couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19
Megaman Omega posted...
*facepalm*

Maybe hes disappointed ppl bought it.
Disrupting topics to talk about users is acceptable. Calling it out is not allowed.
http://tinyurl.com/y29dxmlm
Megaman Omega posted...
Do you think when it's sold out they'll have that amount agian ready on shelves one week after? Perhaps you're not qualified to be talking about sales.

*facepalm*

This is the exact same logic people had last week and we saw a massive drop off here. You’re banking on the assumption that there are tens of thousands of people out there awaiting the game to be restocked.

41k for a game of Astral Chain’s scope is a disappointment. Even in Japan. There isn’t any debate to be had there whatsoever.
NintendoGamer83 posted...
Maybe hes disappointed ppl bought it.

Nowhere within the vicinity of being remotely correct. I bought Astral Chain day one and I’m loving every second of the game. I’m rooting for its success hard, but we’re straight up lying to ourselves if we act like these Japanese sales through two weeks aren’t worrying.

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
5 days ago#39
Megaman Omega posted...

*facepalm*

This is the exact same logic people had last week and we saw a massive drop off here. You’re banking on the assumption that there are tens of thousands of people out there awaiting the game to be restocked.

41k for a game of Astral Chain’s scope is a disappointment. Even in Japan.

Wow, really? How can you be this clueless? If it is SOLD OUT, then it means that it exceeded the expectations of the publisher. Because if they expected it to sell more than what they shipped, they would have shipped more, but they didn't. It is SOLD OUT because it sold MORE than the publisher thought it would sell.

You can't possibly think that it is "worrying" that it sold MORE than what the publisher expected it would sell.

There isn’t any debate to be had there whatsoever.

That's right. There isn't any debate to be had because you're clueless and incapable of comprehending simple logic.
"The Switch couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
5 days ago#40
Damn icebourne with the top sales slots.
Posted with GameRaven 3.5.1
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Famitsu Week 36 - Monster Hunter: World - Iceborne and NBA 2K20's Debut Week
  • Post New Message