• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Anyone else worried that Animal Crossing New Horizons is just New Leaf HD?

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
5 days ago#11
Layton_Kyouju posted...
When the best thing you have to show in a Direct is an island vacation feature, which has been done to death in lifesim games, yeah I’d be worried.

That's not really a feature it's the game.
Posted with GameRaven 3.5.1

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
5 days ago#12
ssj_duelist posted...
So far it doesn't really push the series, or the genre, forward. And in a post Stardew Valley world,
Hate to tell you this, but Stardew Valley didn't do anything new or unique. It's just a Harvest Moon clone.
"If stupidity was a superpower, you would be freaking Superman!"
~ Mr. Nobody (Doom Patrol)

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
5 days ago#13
danmiy12 posted...
Uh, this is def much different. You dont even have the town hall and it looks like nooks shop isnt even there, staples of ac. They instead setup shop in the crafting area. And ya not any game had that except the ios game crafting i mean.
As far as I understand, you go to the island with two other people (NPCs, not real people). But more and more people will come over time, and they require more and more stuff to do. That means more and more facilities will open up over time. You can even get Isabelle on the island "if you earn her", whatever that's supposed to mean. I'm not concerned at all. The crafting is fun, but hardly the only way to get new stuff.
"If stupidity was a superpower, you would be freaking Superman!"
~ Mr. Nobody (Doom Patrol)

User Info: Starwars4J

Starwars4J
5 days ago#14
Foril89 posted...
Just because GameFreaks pulls crap like this, does not mean all developers do.

Calling New Horizons an HD New Leaf is just as stupid as calling Sword/Shield an HD Sun/Moon.
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade

User Info: IndegoRune

IndegoRune
5 days ago#15
I'm more worried it's pocket camp for a price.
3DS Friend Code "2921-9190-9260"PSN 'IndegoRune'
Xbox 'Indego Rune' Switch "0061-6084-4740"
(edited 5 days ago)

User Info: JonnyBoyFF

JonnyBoyFF
5 days ago#16
I was actually kind of hoping that it would be more like New Leaf since I haven't played Animal Crossing since the original. But as other users have pointed out, this looks way different. I'm interested to see how it turns out, and I'll probably be buying it.
Life's too short to hate! Let's band together!
Become immortal Before it's too late!
ssj_duelist posted...
this franchise has a lot of growing to do in the last 7 years since New Leaf.

No it doesn't.

User Info: Otimus

Otimus
5 days ago#18
dotpatrick posted...
How to tell in a one minute if someone understands Animal Crossing or not is how quick they are to drop a Stardew Valley reference in their posts.
Haha, that's so true. There's definitely some crossover, but their intents are extremely different.

User Info: BlueDsc

BlueDsc
5 days ago#19
Considering it looks very different from New Leaf, nah, I'm not too worried about it just being New Leaf HD.

User Info: whitaker6490

whitaker6490
5 days ago#20
I mean, I guess if you’ve just opted to not watch any the footage they’ve shown, then sure, that’s a reasonable fear.

But for the rest of us with eyes, no, it obviously is not just New Leaf HD.
"I will give you a show like you have never, ever seen before. Why? Because I can." -- Shawn Michaels
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Anyone else worried that Animal Crossing New Horizons is just New Leaf HD?
  • Post New Message