You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Expectations for the Witcher 3 port?

User Info: Cillzone1721

Cillzone1721
1 week ago#1
Honestly, it's gonna be a wait and see game for me, if I hear good things after launch, I might dive in. I'm really worried the graphics are gonna be too downgraded for it to be worth it.
Rest in peace Etika
Cillzone1721 posted...
Honestly, it's gonna be a wait and see game for me, if I hear good things after launch, I might dive in. I'm really worried the graphics are gonna be too downgraded for it to be worth it.

I've seen this game run on budget pcs with less a little less power than the switch. It should be fine with the proper optimizations.
If you are a graphics whore though (not saying you are mind you, just using the general term for those who are obsessed with graphics), pc is definitely the way to go.
I played through the game with the graphics set to Ultra. It was very pretty.
Currently Playing: Fire Emblem Three Houses and Super Mario Maker 2

User Info: slightlord

slightlord
1 week ago#3
I am not getting it on Switch or anything but I expect it to be a very worthy port just as DOOM, Diablo III, Skyrim, Dark Souls, Warframe, and Wolfenstein are worthy ports.
I lost my second born daughter. I hope my pain is one you never EVER experience. In loving memory of Iyolah Phaeri Hassan 3-31-2006

User Info: VERY_GOOD_BOI

VERY_GOOD_BOI
1 week ago#4
Low frame rate
Pi times r squared

User Info: gr__9011

gr__9011
1 week ago#5
For those who played and finished witcher 3 on other platforms how well is the gameplay, story, controls, etc? I dont mind the graphical downgrade, all I'm after is the quality of what the game has to offer.

User Info: theedizzyone

theedizzyone
1 week ago#6
gr__9011 posted...
For those who played and finished witcher 3 on other platforms how well is the gameplay, story, controls, etc? I dont mind the graphical downgrade, all I'm after is the quality of what the game has to offer.
Gameplay takes some getting use to. I prefer it on the hardest two difficulties. Story is top notch. It has the best side quests in games I’ve ever played. Controls can be a bit clunky until you get use to it. I would definitely recommend it if you’re a fan of RPGs.
\[T]/

User Info: gr__9011

gr__9011
1 week ago#7
theedizzyone posted...
gr__9011 posted...
Gameplay takes some getting use to. I prefer it on the hardest two difficulties. Story is top notch. It has the best side quests in games I’ve ever played. Controls can be a bit clunky until you get use to it. I would definitely recommend it if you’re a fan of RPGs.

Thanks for that. I do keep hearing a lot of positive feedback about the title but held off in getting it for the ps4 despite several price cuts since most people who tried it says it is a pretty large game. I tend to get sidetracked easily in open world titles. lols But it's been a while since I played a huge game for the switch, I'm gonna have a blast with this while in bed. Hopefully we can use the voucher for it though.
I mean we already know that it will run at 540p handheld and 720p docked, so my worry would be placed on the frame rate. Though 540p it's pretty disappointing.
PSP | Vita | DSi | 3DS XL + N3DS XL | Nintendo Switch | Nvidia Shield Portable | Sega Genesis 3 | NES | SNES | DreamCast | PS2 |

User Info: AstralFrost

AstralFrost
1 week ago#9
Worst version, long load times, low frame rates, worse graphics, etc.
Official representative of real gamers.

User Info: dkgerbil2

dkgerbil2
1 week ago#10
gr__9011 posted...

The game is honestly really well done in most aspects but it's lacking something that makes most people start it, like it, but never get around to finishing it.

It also had horrid framerate on a base PS4.
All my friends are in bar bands.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=facVh75-vW4
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Expectations for the Witcher 3 port?