You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. The vast majority of GilvaSunner's uploads are blocked over Nintendo's copyright

User Info: DracoUltimus

DracoUltimus
1 week ago#1
https://twitter.com/GilvaSunner/status/1161315671839522816

I would've said "the entirety of Gilva's uploads were blocked" but I was unsure if he uploaded non-Nintendo music and I heard that some Kirby uploads are still up. BrawlBRSTMS was also fully-terminated.

What in the flying f*** are you doing Nintendo?! The best case scenario is that they're planning to release all of this music on a streaming service, but even if that happens, the way they've been going on a rampage for no specified reason is insanely s***ty. And before people say "It'S tHeIr LeGaL RiGhT," legally right =/= morally right, and where the f*** else am I supposed to go to listen to most of this music? It's not like they're selling the vast majority of it anywhere.
Ardainian Soldiers, 12/1/17 - 1/19/18. "Don't forget me!"
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: bcornelia

bcornelia
1 week ago#2
you know these youtubers just source their music from other sources right
Winkles acknowledge you.

User Info: sh1234

sh1234
1 week ago#3
They did the same with Brawlbrxstms... it sucks but it is within their right sadly :/

I would 100% buy a Nintendo Spotify-style app...
SMM2 Maker ID: S8Q-W4R-40H
Any feedback is appreciated :)

User Info: Trivio

Trivio
1 week ago#4
Meh there are a lot of other Youtubers who have music anyway.
Also just download the songs...
" Don't be afraid to ask him the tough questions. When he doesn't know the awnser he will just pretend he didn't hear you. "

User Info: PS4Warrior

PS4Warrior
1 week ago#5
That sucks.
Posted with GameRaven 3.5.1

User Info: DUBTuner

DUBTuner
1 week ago#6
Didn't his name use to be "SilvaGunner"?

User Info: MrMegaPhoenix

MrMegaPhoenix
1 week ago#7
so Nintendo put on a copyright claim on a channel that revolves around pirating Nintendo music for others to listen to for free?

seems like a non-issue tbqh
Last Replayed: Luigi's Mansion
Previously Last Replayed: Twilight Princess

User Info: Akarin

Akarin
1 week ago#8
The end of an era.
"Akarin~"

User Info: CranberryPSO

CranberryPSO
1 week ago#9
Nintendo has not been very YouTube friendly at all. It's not just music. They go after gameplay recordings too. I no longer put Nintendo content on my channel after constantly getting hit with copyright claims every time I dared try to upload footage, even from 20 year old games.

None of my videos are monetized (Except a few that someone else claimed and monetized against my will).
Best quest to fight tons of Canadians really fast? ~HaienLai
Topics won: 8

User Info: dextorboot

dextorboot
1 week ago#10
Whom?
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. The vast majority of GilvaSunner's uploads are blocked over Nintendo's copyright