• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Doom re-releases apparently require you to make BNet accounts to play

User Info: dantedeschain13

dantedeschain13
1 month ago#11
I'm skeptical this won't be some kind of DRM check once a week or something
F*** you, Desert Bluffs
Questionmarktarius 1 month ago#12
dantedeschain13 posted...
I'm skeptical this won't be some kind of DRM check once a week or something

I'm going to assume it's an artifact of a sloppy Android port, and keep my money until it's fixed.

Or, $20 would buy a really nice pizza or something. It'll be vastly less intrusive, too, at least until it gets to my colon. Bethesda seems to be going the other way around here.

User Info: Dirak

Dirak
1 month ago#13
I do have a battlenet account somewhere.
Frankly I don't understand the issue.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjrQEsqcvpM
Some music goes with everything.
Questionmarktarius 1 month ago#14
Dirak posted...

Because, this inevitably happens: https://twitter.com/LawDraws/status/1154797214688038914

User Info: DarkDemon373

DarkDemon373
1 month ago#15
Dirak posted...
I do have a battlenet account somewhere.

Shouldn't have to give up your purchase history just to buy a company's product.

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
1 month ago#16
the nvidia shield version (android) requires you to log in to google play store to verify the purchase, after that you're good offline

I have to be online to play all of my switch games though because I game share with my daughter.

User Info: OurLadyPeace

OurLadyPeace
1 month ago#17
Dirak posted...
OurLadyPeace posted...
jsb0714 posted...
Is it really that big of a deal?

What if every game wanted you to do it?

Why would every game need a blizzard account?

Why does this game need one?
198x. Out now on PC. Coming to PS4 July 17th, Xbox One & Switch soon. 198xthegame.com

User Info: AzaneAzer

AzaneAzer
1 month ago#18
almost 30 year old Game port requiring an internet connection so that they can harvest and sell your data.

Rofl.

Dirak posted...

You've never had a Game Server fail to authenticate, Go down, get abandoned, Stop responding, or a 1000 other useless issues that happen with a worthless DRM login?

It's a layer of failure that adds nothing to the consumer, and can cause a ton of worthless frustration that makes a 30 year old PC Port unplayable for people.

User Info: Oil_Panic

Oil_Panic
1 month ago#19
So I grabbed Doom 1 before heading off to work, and when I tried to play it before my shift started, it gave me the “Bethesda Account Needed” message that I can’t do anything with because internet here sucks. Basically, a single player game I can’t play. Great job Bethesda.
"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
- God-like being, Futurama

User Info: SuperSmashNess

SuperSmashNess
1 month ago#20
I just bought Doom 3. When I hit the prompt, I just pressed B to go back and then started the game no problem. Didn’t get the prompt again, didn’t create an account.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Doom re-releases apparently require you to make BNet accounts to play
  • Topic Archived