• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Splatoon isn't really that great game

User Info: Esticamelapixa

Esticamelapixa
4 weeks ago#11
Amazing game. Best new multiplayer IP of the last 5 years.

Yeah you often get stuck with crappy teammates, and generally if your team is not good, no matter how good you are, you're going to lose.

User Info: Dark_SilverX

Dark_SilverX
4 weeks ago#12
QueenTakhisis posted...
Speak for yourself. I buy them for the campaigns and Salmon Run. Turf War doesn't interest me at all.

Lmao
I support Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo.
don't compare games to feces -- if you've an opinion worth mentioning, do so civilly

User Info: SF_Destro

SF_Destro
4 weeks ago#13
Yeah, I stopped playing because the teammates are usually trash

User Info: afr1234

afr1234
4 weeks ago#14
It isn't.

Is the reason it didn't set the world on fire with amazing reviews. It "sold" well but that's about it.

The game has nothing that hasn't been done better before and after. Also, the lack of party chat hindred the potential a lot.
https://imgur.com/a/S3MJSzz Look how much i hate nintendo switch!!!!

User Info: chief606

chief606
4 weeks ago#15
Esticamelapixa posted...
Amazing game. Best new multiplayer IP of the last 5 years.

Yeah you often get stuck with crappy teammates, and generally if your team is not good, no matter how good you are, you're going to lose.

No, that's apex legends good sir. Easily the best multiplayer fun I've had in ages from a new game.
FC 4485-4052-7934, PSN SARGEh32149606 Xbox live: GhostG2050 YouTube: The Casual Canuck
HOLD YOUR FIRE! I'm a human!

User Info: Zeveria

Zeveria
4 weeks ago#16
It really doesn't though....you go into a ranked room, you're put on a team of people who are that rank. To stay in that rank, you need (roughly) a 50/50 win rate. So you're in a room with 7 roughly equal players. If you belong in another rank you will either have a significantly lower win rate or a significantly higher win rate. So you will win/loss the majority of your matches and be put somewhere else. And unlike many other shooters, there is no voice chat and the objectives are simple, which means you can act more as an independent unit and adapt to how your team behaves instead of just giving/taking orders over the mic.

Even if your teammates completely suck, you can still carry the game on your own. Because you're not going against a coordinated team either. And it happens. I have teammates who sometimes I wonder how they dress themselves in the morning. But I've managed to completely carry matches, even in S+/X rank against players much more skilled than I am, simply by using a better strategy and outsmarting them.
TP > OoT = MM > ST = SS = tWW > TFH > ALBW = PH > BOTW = MC > OoA > OoS > LA > FSA > FS > LoZ > AoL >>> aLttP
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Splatoon isn't really that great game
  • Topic Archived