• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. is game freak's "a team" even better than the "b team"?

User Info: Starwars4J

Starwars4J
1 month ago#11
Man so a "s*** developer" came up with one of the highest selling franchises of all time? One that continues to perform insanely well? Crazy!
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade

User Info: Fauch

Fauch
1 month ago#12
something316 posted...
yup, if anything, this proves my point - it's not that game freak is lazy, its that they have no talent.

They're neither lazy nor have no talent.

They might not be the most amazing devs ever, but GF's problem is that they're sitting on a gold mine and exploiting that gold mine requires so little effort.

User Info: ZBug_

ZBug_
1 month ago#13
something316 posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
something316 posted...
or is game freak just a s*** developer in general?

Seems that way.

Fauch posted...
something316 posted...

well.

yup, if anything, this proves my point - it's not that game freak is lazy, its that they have no talent.

Too bad they don’t need to because Pokémon can be literally trash and still sell.
It’d be great if a mainstream Pokémon game bombed and they had to reconsider their efforts.
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" - Light Yagami
NNID: LLBCrook - PSN: ZBugCrook

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
1 month ago#14
ZBug_ posted...
something316 posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
something316 posted...

Seems that way.

Fauch posted...
something316 posted...

well.

Too bad they don’t need to because Pokémon can be literally trash and still sell.
It’d be great if a mainstream Pokémon game bombed and they had to reconsider their efforts.

Agreed. Unfortunately, that's not going to happen. Merely being on the Switch is going to make it sell double of what USUM sold, and they're going to use that to justify all the s*** they're pulling with this game. "Sure, we cut out what's probably half the Pokemon and make the look like something on GameCube despite making a billion dollars per entry, but look, people are buying it! They like it this way!"
"The Switch couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19

User Info: something316

something316
1 month ago#15
Starwars4J posted...
Man so a "s*** developer" came up with one of the highest selling franchises of all time? One that continues to perform insanely well? Crazy!

fifa also sells like crazy friend, guess that means ea is awesome
no

User Info: ai123

ai123
1 month ago#16
something316 posted...
Starwars4J posted...

fifa also sells like crazy friend, guess that means ea is awesome

Well, the people who actually develop the game do a pretty decent job of it.

The fact that the publishers insists on putting scummy mtx in all their games doesn't change that.
'The sprites is ridiculous polygons'
No one remembers what PS2 games looked like, apparently

User Info: Layton_Kyouju

Layton_Kyouju
1 month ago#17
Magitek111 posted...
I don't agree that Game Freak is entire garbage, though. At least, in the past they werne't.

Nobody remember stheir non-pokemon titles like Pulseman, Drill Dozer, Tembo, ect.

Tembo was garbage and Pulseman was nothing to write home about
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muW-ADqEt3o

User Info: EmmyGemstar

EmmyGemstar
4 weeks ago#18
Don't forget ~publisher demands~.

IIRC the B-Team did HGSS, B2W2? and ORAS? though. I'm pretty sure they did HGSS, as I remember hearing that and then waiting for the B-Team's game after BW were so disappointing to me. B2W2 are far and away my most hated games in the series so that didn't work out too good for me .-. But I know a lot of people love B2W2 so

There's also that with those games they'd have more to work off that was already ready from that gen.

Cutting stuff each gen might seem arbitrary, but in retrospect, maybe they do some of it just so they can get a next-gen entry done. They didn't have to do that for the first four gens but they weren't doing two gens per console then and they were working with sprites which they're clearly much, much better at doing.

Two gens per console was a terrible idea, especially since it happened as they were shifting to 3D.
(except not really)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. is game freak's "a team" even better than the "b team"?
  • Topic Archived