• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. So, predictions of "Switch PRO" aimed at hardcore gamers were wrong

User Info: GigaDogqHD

GigaDogqHD
1 month ago#11
Who are you?
There are three types of people on GameFAQS...those that agree with me, those that are wrong, and those that are insane

User Info: Manic_Prime

Manic_Prime
1 month ago#12
Dirak posted...
That's pretty much all they can do. Every single game released for it must still be able to run in the Switch Lite.

That's not even true of existing games. While they can technically be run by the Switch Lite, there are games which cannot be played in handheld mode and even with other games, the Lite lacks functions which are implemented within games.

So, Nintendo has already created a product which is not compatible (to varying degrees) with existing software. The Switch Lite is already the inferior option, you really do get what you pay for.
GameFAQs, you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and vulgarity. We must be cautious.

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
1 month ago#13
No you're

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4JJNpo6Vas

We'll get it next year.
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.

User Info: ZBug_

ZBug_
1 month ago#14
You’re describing the switch Lite but calling it a switch pro.

Are you stupid?? Just wondering
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" - Light Yagami
NNID: LLBCrook - PSN: ZBugCrook

User Info: Miu_san

Miu_san
1 month ago#15
raphaelz posted...
I actually predict a completely new Nintendo console for 2020-2021 with 100% retro-compatibility with the Switch (in the same way the Wii was 100% retro-compatible with the GC).

so are you wrong or are you right make up your mind

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
1 month ago#16
Zalborn posted...
Dirak posted...
The thing with the "Pro" is that it can't be that "Pro"

-Better screen, yes.
-Better battery, yes.
-More storage, yes.
-More stable FPS, maybe.

That's pretty much all they can do. Every single game released for it must still be able to run in the Switch Lite.

The N3DS doesn't agree with that statement.

3ds hardware was f***ing ancient. Couldn’t even emulate SNES games Ffs.

The Xbox X is several times more powerful than xbox one more than N3ds was compared to original. but that doesn’t mean new games don’t run on Xbox.

It’s about architecture. Switch games would just run at lower res with lower quality graphics. Just like they do with the current gen ps4 and Xbox
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif

User Info: Pharsti01

Pharsti01
1 month ago#17
Im not sure why you think the Lites existence somehow negates the possibility of a "pro" in the future.

User Info: DeathSoul2000

DeathSoul2000
1 month ago#18
Pharsti01 posted...
Im not sure why you think the Lites existence somehow negates the possibility of a "pro" in the future.

Because it does.

User Info: TankgirlS

TankgirlS
1 month ago#19
DeathSoul2000 posted...
Pharsti01 posted...

Because it does.

No it doesn't. That's a very silly way of thinking. Nothing about the Lite negates the possibility of future revisions.

Of course, other things negate the possibility of a Pro for the time being, namely that we now know the rumored "Pro" was actually just a silent and small update of the existing Switch.

Meaning there are no longer any rumors of a Switch Pro, only wishful thinking. So it's still a "possibility" but for the time being, not a likely one.

We didn't get this info because of Switch lite, as the info has actually been in our Switch's firmware for some months.

User Info: Fauch

Fauch
1 month ago#20
I expect the Switch Pro to be an upgrade in the same vein of the N3DS.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. So, predictions of "Switch PRO" aimed at hardcore gamers were wrong
  • Topic Archived