You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What DISAPPOINTED you most about TLoZ: Breath of the Wild???

User Info: Paper_Mario_4

Paper_Mario_4
6 days ago#1
For me, it would have been a legendary game if it had a more involved story. The adventure/exploration was phenomenal, the writing was excellent, fighting excellent we just needed more to tie it all together. More of Zelda's deep inner struggles, perhaps a few more of Link's bravery and heroics showcased throughout the game, and I think we should have had just a bit more revolving around the champions. I really wanted to hear more from them, maybe more flashbacks or something because they were all really strong characters and warriors. The entire cast of main characters were phenomenal, but we were given small portions of something enormous. Ganon took over Hyrule and thwarted even Link, the Hero of Time in this timeline; arguably the toughest of all Links

I wish we could have seen more of what went down or something, but it being left to imagination is fine too I guess. But story, it could have been stronger and if it were, BotW would be a top 10 game of all time on my list
Paper Mario (N64) is a masterpiece.

User Info: kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken
6 days ago#2
It is the best Switch game I have played, and in my top 5 games, period.
If I had to nitpick I would say that I wish NPCs were a bit more engaging with more unique side quests.
Gaming Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjQIEWRHYKD9X0wLHQsEDQg
PSN: kungpowchickn/ STEAM: KungPowChicken

User Info: lionhartwolf

lionhartwolf
6 days ago#3
Weapon durability. Once I took that out of there I loved the game.

User Info: Bat178

Bat178
6 days ago#4
The enemy/boss variety being crap, and no dungeons.
Good.
Still, doesn't change the fact Brunei and Singapore need to be annexed by Dr.M. - Wazzupguys

Paper_Mario_4
6 days ago#5
kungpowchicken posted...
It is the best Switch game I have played, and in my top 5 games, period.
If I had to nitpick I would say that I wish NPCs were a bit more engaging with more unique side quests.

I agree with this. The NPCs were charming but they lacked depth, and the sidequests feel like filler also lacking depth if I'm going to be honest

I miss the sidequests from OoT or MM where there would be a moral, deep sentiments expressed, life lessons and such shared after a sidequest. But frankly, I think those games are on another level and all those that played their part in making those games were genius imo

User Info: __Fiale__

__Fiale__
6 days ago#6
The whole game just feels very dull and soulless.
"Impossible is just a word to let people feel good about themselves when they quit." - Skies of Arcadia

Paper_Mario_4
6 days ago#7
Bat178 posted...

Well I think this is what the BotW sequel will eventually accomplish. The theme in BotW was Shrines/Divine Beasts and it was very unique and well executed. But the one thing I will nitpick is, I wish the shrines had varied the music slightly throughout, even if just slightly. The music in the Divine Beasts was really something though. I thoroughly enjoyed the music in most of them, to the point of taking my time to observe everything in the Divine Beasts

User Info: Dash064

Dash064
6 days ago#8
Bat178 posted...

yea, could you imagine if there were like 30 enemies instead of 5?

User Info: xF0x

xF0x
6 days ago#9
Weapon durability. A bad mechanic implemented badly.
Everything will be fire.

User Info: Decapre

Decapre
6 days ago#10
The story is almost as nonexistent as the one in A Link Between Worlds....
DON'T INTERFERE!
https://i.imgur.com/0CWj5nT.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. What DISAPPOINTED you most about TLoZ: Breath of the Wild???