• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. PSA: Switch Mini Accessory "Leak" Was A Dud

User Info: ms555

ms555
4 weeks ago#1
IGN confirmed the accessory was only posted in speculation that a Switch Mini might come.

At this point, I believe in Switch Mini how I believe in aliens. I'm sure eventually it'll pop up, but I doubt there's any real proof it exists

Let the speculation commence

https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/06/20/nintendo-switch-mini-cases-are-on-sale-but-they-dont-confirm-new-switch-is-real

User Info: INTERWEBUSER

INTERWEBUSER
4 weeks ago#2
SWitch redesign is still 100% coming.
PLAYSTATION 4: Best Console Ever | ROCKSTAR: Best Developer Ever
Trolling (v.): Posting an opinion that differs from yours

User Info: riboflav

riboflav
4 weeks ago#3
INTERWEBUSER posted...

Nah
Only boss I've never beaten - Bruce Springsteen

ms555
4 weeks ago#4
INTERWEBUSER posted...

Eventually, ya Im sure of it. But if that redesign is just their version of a 2DS or a Wii Mini, that redesign will mainly be for kiddos or gamers on a budget.

I can believe in an eventual Switch Mini. I don't believe in a Switch Pro

User Info: Ace-of-Clubs

Ace-of-Clubs
4 weeks ago#5
Why are so many people so dead set on arguing about these rumors one way or the other? Are you all so desperate for personal validation that you have to be right about this so you can say "Told you it was / wasn't coming!" for some sad sense of self-worth?

JUST WAIT FOR AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT. If we get one, it's real. If we never do, it's not. Speculation is pointless.
I am Ace-of-Clubs, and I approve this message.
"oh boy I can't wait to date those samurai guys" - FSABot

ms555
4 weeks ago#6
Ace-of-Clubs posted...
Why are so many people so dead set on arguing about these rumors one way or the other? Are you all so desperate for personal validation that you have to be right about this so you can say "Told you it was / wasn't coming!" for some sad sense of self-worth?

JUST WAIT FOR AN OFFICIAL ANNOUNCEMENT. If we get one, it's real. If we never do, it's not. Speculation is pointless.

To an extent I agree. But in the fields of entertainment and technology, speculation is honestly a hobby in its own right

User Info: legendarylemur

legendarylemur
4 weeks ago#7
I mean did you guys really think they would release a version where you seemingly can't detach the joy cons? So many games rely on you being able to detach them
"Iwata was awesome" - Mr. Nintendo
https://i.imgtc.com/7dRrfE1.jpg

ms555
4 weeks ago#8
legendarylemur posted...
I mean did you guys really think they would release a version where you seemingly can't detach the joy cons? So many games rely on you being able to detach them

?????

Its general consensus that a Switch Mini wouldnt have detachable joycons. That would literally be the point. It would be portable only.

It would be a somewhat odd design choice because some games need the joycons detached. But Nintendo has a long history of questionable design choices

User Info: legendarylemur

legendarylemur
4 weeks ago#9
ms555 posted...
legendarylemur posted...

?????

Its general consensus that a Switch Mini wouldnt have detachable joycons. That would literally be the point. It would be portable only.

It would be a somewhat odd design choice because some games need the joycons detached. But Nintendo has a long history of questionable design choices

It didn't look that way in the "leaked" image
"Iwata was awesome" - Mr. Nintendo
https://i.imgtc.com/7dRrfE1.jpg

User Info: Str8edge

Str8edge
4 weeks ago#10
legendarylemur posted...

It's not a big deal, you could always connect the regular joy cons to work on it. It's like buying an extra controller and would allow for multiplayer still

I would prefer if Nintendo were planning their next console instead of a redesign anyway
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. PSA: Switch Mini Accessory "Leak" Was A Dud
  • Topic Archived