• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Platinum boss unimpressed by PS5/Scarlett: "It's more of the same"

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
4 weeks ago#121
Rogue_Battousai posted...
ManuKesna posted...
More of the same but better? Awesome!

But it is business as usual.
The video game industry won't be growing much is why he is "unimpressed". The difference between business as usual or his company growing bigger and expanding.

I read his comment thinking he was hoping for a game changing catalyst that can potentially pull in new customers like the Wii did or mobile are doing.

he only talked about the processors though, he didnt say anything about being different like the wii was. how much did the industry "grow" with wii? the craze happened, then that was it, nothing really long lasting grew out of that.

outside of VR there really isnt much more. hell look at PC gaming, its grown quite a bit just getting more and more power with pretty much no gimmick to boost it
Playstation stats. 96 games played, 3000+ hrs in 2018. Maybe my ol lady was right...

User Info: Spaced92

Spaced92
4 weeks ago#122
He sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about tbh, he's dissing all modern consoles for not using custom chips when the hardware at 99% of console launches were far worse than what PC's already had. Rather the PS2 and PS3 are infamous for difficulty of development without any real benefit. So what kind of differentiation does he want from PC's, does he just want to make it harder to port games?
Geforce GTX whatever, i7 something or rather, some sticks of ram, an SSD and a Hard Drive with stuff on it.

User Info: Ganados0

Ganados0
4 weeks ago#123
They say stuff like this but in the end they snub touchscreens, gyroscopes, microphones and HD Rumble.

User Info: slightlord

slightlord
4 weeks ago#124
He says this about everything. This happens when you work too closely with any group of products. I hear music producers say the same thing about current music (it is all the same, more of the same, boring, ect.) and I have heard the same thing with sports (X player is just a modern Y player [Kobe/Jordan]) and the like. Some people lose the passion they started with because that passion was brewing from the newness and uniqueness they were feeling. Once you get too close and learn so much, those feelings start to fade away.
I lost my second born daughter. I hope my pain is one you never EVER experience. In loving memory of Iyolah Phaeri Hassan 3-31-2006
(message deleted)

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
4 weeks ago#126
I mean, I can see his disappointment, because the whole idea of just putting beefed up parts in is boring.
The PS2 used EmotionEngine (was that cell, I can't remember) & was apparently a little more awkward to develop for but devs improved & new techniques were found through the difficulty.

Same with the PS3, awkward but the devs that really tried came up with new development techniques that furthered the practice as a whole & those new techniques are still used (can't remember what they were exactly though).

That's if he's only talking about hardware upgrades though, he could just be talking about tech experimentation in the way of things like VR.
Obviously VR would be cool because of dreams like Sword Art Online, but we are way too far off from it that if next gen were based around that, it would be gimmicky crap that woudn't impress & would still come with health problems.

User Info: xlr_big-coop

xlr_big-coop
4 weeks ago#127
Not surprised. Consoles are holding back games. Unless the new set delivers stable 4k 60 fps MINIMUM, then there's no excuse why they couldn't just continue pushing games for their current consoles.
3ds fc: 2277-6647-7634, ign: luis, electric safari with: Electrode/Electabuzz/Manectric
Questionmarktarius 4 weeks ago#128
xlr_big-coop posted...
Not surprised. Consoles are holding back games. Unless the new set delivers stable 4k 60 fps MINIMUM, then there's no excuse why they couldn't just continue pushing games for their current consoles.

Cheaping out on RAM is by far more the bottleneck than weak GPUs.

User Info: ObsceneAnarchy

ObsceneAnarchy
4 weeks ago#129
Jaime_Benn posted...
I mean, i felt this way from PS3/360 gen to PS4/Xbone/Switch gen.

This is why I was hesitant to buy a PS4 and did not until years later. There are PS3 games that still look better than half of the PS4's lineup.
Brawl #: 2019-9336-9320

User Info: Voxwik

Voxwik
4 weeks ago#130
xlr_big-coop posted...

As I said, the weak CPUs are more an issue than pretty pretty graphics obsession.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Platinum boss unimpressed by PS5/Scarlett: "It's more of the same"
  • Topic Archived