• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Switch owner survey Day 3: How do you mostly buy games for Switch?

User Info: ElenaFisher

ElenaFisher
1 month ago#1
How do you mostly buy games for Switch? - Results (253 votes)
Physical
50.2% (127 votes)
Digital
33.2% (84 votes)
Even split
16.6% (42 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Welcome to the Switch owner survey Day 3!

Each day I will ask a poll question related to Switch ownership to try and get a view of Switch owners.

Today's Q is "How do you buy games for Switch?". NOTE: that I am referring to retail games not download only and not limited run.

I am physical just about exclusively. Partly because I don't fully trust Nintendo after getting burned with the Wii. There is the odd game that

Current results (I will leave the other topics open and update them each day along with the new survey until they get locked)

- Day 1: How do you primarily play your Switch? (Handheld: 44.12%, Docked: 40.2%, Even split: 12.25%, Tabletop: 3.43%)
- Day 2: Where do you usually use your Switch? (Home: 87.78%, Even split 6.67%, On the go: 5.56%)

Open polls:
Day 1: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/77791758
Day 2: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/189706-nintendo-switch/77794025
http://i.imgur.com/XQq6Sou.jpg

User Info: super_felicia

super_felicia
1 month ago#2
Digital for convenience but if I'm iffy on a game I'll go physical so I can sell it if I don't like it
Everyone says my cooking is to die for....and then they laugh.....
-picnic felicia

User Info: DeliFlatChest

DeliFlatChest
1 month ago#3
70%~80% digital.

For some games it can be too expensive to buy physical(games are usually more expensive than their digital alternatives here), I didn't want to wait to get it physical(as is the case with Xenoblade 2 to me), or just straight up don't exist and need to import, so I just get it digitally.

Now if the price difference between physical and digital isn't much and physical is available, I go with physical.
&&&&
"""""""""""""""""""""""

User Info: Expa0

Expa0
1 month ago#4
Physical for the most part

Digital if it's the only option, if it's better fit for the game (IE games I'm going to be playing through the years in short bursts every now and then like Smash and Animal Crossing) or finally if I'm just feeling super lazy & inpatient and want to purchase& play something at that very moment.
"Cower before the might of the magic Imhullu: once forbidden, now unleashed!"
-Gharnef (Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon)

User Info: MrBanballow

MrBanballow
1 month ago#5
If it's available physical, I'll take that option any day. A few games that were digital only, I've replaced with physical copies as they've become available.
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008

User Info: The Utility Man

The Utility Man
1 month ago#6
Physical only
1st Year OMG Link Always Wins. 2nd Year OMG FF7 Always Wins.
3rd Year OMG Link Always Wins. 2101st Year OMG CATS Always Wins.

User Info: Thrasher7170

Thrasher7170
1 month ago#7
I have six physical games and over 40 digital games.
3.5 lbs of Sour Patch Kids makes one Sour Patch Child.
Bisexual and proud

User Info: MrMegaPhoenix

MrMegaPhoenix
1 month ago#8
100% digital

the only game I would consider getting physical is Labo and that's because I have to and yet I cant take that with me anywhere, so I don't see the point of getting that

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
1 month ago#9
Digital.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632

User Info: richisdisturbed

richisdisturbed
1 month ago#10
I'll never buy anything digital with Nintendo, until they catch up with the rest of the world in that regard.
Idiots voting for idiots.
Steam - richisdisturbed
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Switch owner survey Day 3: How do you mostly buy games for Switch?
  • Topic Archived