• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. FighterZ and MK11 for single play??

User Info: TheThought

TheThought
4 weeks ago#1
Wondering if these game is good for single play. My WiFi on my Switch doesn't working good so I can only play by myself and I don't have many friend who come to play with me.

Do these game has enough content for single play?

User Info: EffectAndCause

EffectAndCause
4 weeks ago#2
Absolutely, both are stacked with single player content.
http://i.imgur.com/wMshiEN.jpg

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
4 weeks ago#3
Don't care about DB, but for MK11, one thing you really need to in mind is that it requires you to be connected to the servers to get rewards, play the Towers of Time, explore the Krypt, and so on. You can't even save your progress in the tutorial unless you are online. That said, I don't think it requires much of a wifi to be able to stay connected to the server.

That said, MK11 is a great game, if staying connected to the server isn't a big deal. My main issue is that there is a LOT of things to unlock, but most of it is boring. What's the point in unlocking 30+ costumes pr character, when most are just small color variations of the same one? But you do at least get some slight cosmetic customization with gear, so there's that.

As for the actual gameplay, it's as solid as ever. If you have played any other 2D Mortal Kombat or Injustice 1 or 2, you know what to expect. Easily one of the best fighting games out today, if we're talking pure gameplay. The story is also quite long, and if you can use the Towers of Time, there's a ton of content here. The question is really whether your wifi is good enough for stay connected to the server or not.
"If stupidity was a superpower, you would be freaking Superman!"
~ Mr. Nobody (Doom Patrol)

User Info: TheThought

TheThought
4 weeks ago#4
QueenTakhisis posted...
Don't care about DB, but for MK11, one thing you really need to in mind is that it requires you to be connected to the servers to get rewards, play the Towers of Time, explore the Krypt, and so on. You can't even save your progress in the tutorial unless you are online. That said, I don't think it requires much of a wifi to be able to stay connected to the server.

That said, MK11 is a great game, if staying connected to the server isn't a big deal. My main issue is that there is a LOT of things to unlock, but most of it is boring. What's the point in unlocking 30+ costumes pr character, when most are just small color variations of the same one? But you do at least get some slight cosmetic customization with gear, so there's that.

As for the actual gameplay, it's as solid as ever. If you have played any other 2D Mortal Kombat or Injustice 1 or 2, you know what to expect. Easily one of the best fighting games out today, if we're talking pure gameplay. The story is also quite long, and if you can use the Towers of Time, there's a ton of content here. The question is really whether your wifi is good enough for stay connected to the server or not.

I can connect to my WiFi and stay connected but the problem is just playing against other player my connection get low and I think it's bad manner to play like that

Is the season path for MK11 worth it or do you think I'm okay with just base game?

User Info: kungpowchicken

kungpowchicken
4 weeks ago#5
TheThought posted...
QueenTakhisis posted...

I can connect to my WiFi and stay connected but the problem is just playing against other player my connection get low and I think it's bad manner to play like that

Is the season path for MK11 worth it or do you think I'm okay with just base game?

It is worth it if you want the DLC characters, all you really benefit from the pass.
Gaming Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjQIEWRHYKD9X0wLHQsEDQg
PSN: kungpowchickn/ STEAM: KungPowChicken

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
4 weeks ago#6
TheThought posted...

Ah. In that case, you should be fine. :-)

As for the season pass, I suggest getting the core game first. The DLC characters aren't even out yet, so play the core game and see if you want to invest in the season pass later. I'm considering picking up Nightwolf and Sindel, but the other characters doesn't interest me at all, so no season pass for me.
"If stupidity was a superpower, you would be freaking Superman!"
~ Mr. Nobody (Doom Patrol)
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. FighterZ and MK11 for single play??
  • Topic Archived