• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. PSA: Get $8 bucks off $35 Eshop Cards

User Info: ms555

ms555
1 year ago#1
Lots of eshop sales, so this can help you guys save even more

Go to Raise.com, check Nintendo gift cards. You’ll see $35 is discounted to about $31. Then at checkout use NEW5RAISEAF for $5 off

I legit just used this method, paid about $26 for $35 Eshop credit. Gonna be using for Cadence or Crash Trilogy. The site is legit, been using it for Eshop and Psn credit for about a year now. Good luck fellas

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
1 year ago#2
Yeah not trusting this
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: ms555

ms555
1 year ago#3
Baha05 posted...
Yeah not trusting this

It’s not some rando site, its a very common service. They’re just a gift card reseller, People don’t want their gift card money, they put it on the site for a discount. I double checked reddit threads and other sites before I used it a year ago and saw it was legit. After I’d say the 6-7 times I’ve used the site, it’s always been simple and I always got my PSN and Eshop credit

Also just for reference, this weeks promo was listed on the main subreddit for Switch deals.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitchDeals/comments/bys2cf/raiseus_510_off_eshop_cards_with_promo89_off/

The sites also been listed by New York Times

https://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2015/08/23/here-are-the-companies-that-may-be-the-next-50-start-up-unicorns/

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
1 year ago#4
Baha05 posted...
Yeah not trusting this

Raise is legit. I bought gift cards from them back in February.
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.

User Info: lvalice

lvalice
1 year ago#5
-checks to see what I could get for $35-
3DS FC: 3609.1630.6263 - Ivalice
The mods here are useless trolls, get used to it.

lvalice
1 year ago#6
Can you do it twice?

I was debating getting Wolfenstein 2 & Doom this week in physical...

But if I spent $52 I could get $70

For that I could get Dead Cells + Final Fantasy IX + Tales of Vesperia

I absolute hate that I just bought Hollow Knight, Messenger, Iconoclast, and Owl Boy before reading this

User Info: albertojz356

albertojz356
1 year ago#7
Baha05 posted...
Yeah not trusting this
Here we go, off the rails.

lvalice
1 year ago#8
Baha05 posted...
Yeah not trusting this

On first glance it's just a gift card resell site... They're very handy...

Some kid sells their gift card info to the service for pretty cheap (like $8 for a $20 card) and then the service jacks up the price high enough to make a good profit but low enough to undercut the value of the card...

Services like these wouldn't exist if people didn't trust it, because people wouldn't support it if they knew the business would just rip them off.

Anyhoo I just used the coupon code, spent $26.87, then I got sent a code that I redeemed $35 for... It was pretty instant. Wanna see if I can double dip on the coupon code.

I'd say it's worth investigating because 8 off from 35 mathematically is like adding an additional 23% to the sale tag in the eShop, so "50% OFF" is really like "73% OFF" if your $35 credit is enough to cover the cost of the game...

User Info: DeltaBladeX

DeltaBladeX
1 year ago#9
lvalice posted...
Some kid sells their gift card info to the service for pretty cheap (like $8 for a $20 card) and then the service jacks up the price high enough to make a good profit but low enough to undercut the value of the card...

And there are shady places that buy gift cards with stolen credit cards and sell quickly. No matter how much some people might trust a third party reseller, not everyone will.
I'm not lazy, I just don't care
http://backloggery.com/DeltaBladeXNZ - https://steamcommunity.com/id/DeltaBladeX

lvalice
1 year ago#10
DeltaBladeX posted...
lvalice posted...

And there are shady places that buy gift cards with stolen credit cards and sell quickly. No matter how much some people might trust a third party reseller, not everyone will.
There are also tools to check the sketch level of a site as well as common sense.

But I'm not telling anyone to trust Raise, that's their business. But I will say that I did get a valid eShop code for $35 and my invoice was $26.87
Whether or not in a week or two I'll see my entire account spent on unknown Visa cards in another state, only time will tell.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. PSA: Get $8 bucks off $35 Eshop Cards
  • Topic Archived

Need More Help?

1. Guides and Walkthroughs 2 Guides / Maps
  2. GameFAQs Q&A 682 Questions (682 Answered)

GameFAQs Q&A