• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I love Monster Hunter. Will I also like Dauntless?

User Info: Minamo

Minamo
1 month ago#11
Nikita_Dragun posted...
Poor man's MH

God Eater is poor man's MH. Dauntless is just the poop left over after MH eats.

User Info: finalrush7

finalrush7
1 month ago#12
it's an embarassement to gaming. is that s*** in alpha still? because that should be the textbook definition on an alpha
"Today, we use our power to fell a god"
Best 4 games of all time: Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Xenoblade, Xenoblade X, Xenoblade 2

User Info: Yomigaeru

Yomigaeru
1 month ago#13
I played it on PC...and I just don't see the point of getting into Dauntless when just about every other hunting relevant hunting game is there (every series in the subgenre outside of Monster Hunter, God Eater, and Toukiden seems to be dead, unfortunately).

Dauntless has the same "lack of weight" problem that people have with some of the other hunting games, has a divisive artstyle, and is online-only (not much of a problem on PC, but could be a big issue on console). The monsters have some neat designs, but I just don't think there's enough there to pull me away from similar games. Dauntless is probably the only hunting game that I actually dislike (and I've played just about all of them released since the first MH on PS2).

If you've got another console or a PC, give it a try. I don't believe it's available on the Switch.
Plus-sized Elf is my baseline for T H I C C. Busty girls with otherwise slender proportions do not qualify.

User Info: ArroganceMalice

ArroganceMalice
1 month ago#14
Is this gonna be cross play with pc?

I have a mate on pc who wants to play
"We each play out the parts fate has written for us. Free will is an illusion."
I have never seen the truth hurt more than here on GameFAQs.

User Info: RufusWolfe

RufusWolfe
1 month ago#15
Yomigaeru posted...
I played it on PC...and I just don't see the point of getting into Dauntless when just about every other hunting relevant hunting game is there (every series in the subgenre outside of Monster Hunter, God Eater, and Toukiden seems to be dead, unfortunately).

Dauntless has the same "lack of weight" problem that people have with some of the other hunting games, has a divisive artstyle, and is online-only (not much of a problem on PC, but could be a big issue on console). The monsters have some neat designs, but I just don't think there's enough there to pull me away from similar games. Dauntless is probably the only hunting game that I actually dislike (and I've played just about all of them released since the first MH on PS2).

If you've got another console or a PC, give it a try. I don't believe it's available on the Switch.

Hmm. Lack of weight is a good way of putting it...

And, Dauntless was announced for Switch as part of the "final flurry" of minitrailers at the end of the Nintendo Direct today. That's what got me to considering it.
Battle atop the adorable Whippy in my custom Smash Ultimate stage! ID: 09XY8J5X

User Info: LuxHeart

LuxHeart
4 weeks ago#16
I'll list some pros and cons.

Pros: It's free, which puts it above its competition. The game, unlike Monster Hunter, is to the point. None of the sharpening your weapon during a monster fight and it's not needlessly drawn out. Has microtransactions, but it's mostly cosmetic. Has cross play which is great.

Cons: sometimes, the online wouldn't work, and it would be a waiting game. It's like they weren't prepared for millions of people to download their game, so it was a s***storm. The endgame doesn't take long to get to; like literally 2 weeks at the most.

It's a good game for what it is. I like it more than Monster Hunter in that it's not obnoxious with the sponges and needing to sharpen your weapon. I just hate how little content the game has. This type of game really needs to be beefed up with more monsters, more environments, new weapons to craft, etc.

User Info: MightyBaconX

MightyBaconX
4 weeks ago#17
It's is heavily inspired by MH, even the developers mentioned this. If you like MH, then go ahead and try it, it's free after all.

Just know that MH is the king of the hunting genre, everything else is just a poor man's version of it.

User Info: kdognumba1

kdognumba1
4 weeks ago#18
Good question. I haven't yet tried this out so I can't speak much on it but I've heard some good things.

ArroganceMalice posted...
Is this gonna be cross play with pc?

I have a mate on pc who wants to play

It's already fully cross platform across PS4, XB1, and PC so I'd imagine it would be fully cross platform on Switch as well.
Ryzen 7 2700 | Vega 56 | 16GB 3200 Mhz ; GPD Win
Also have a 60GB PS3, PS4 S, 360 S, XB1 S, Wii, Wii U, Switch, New 3DS XL, Vita, PSTV, Ouya, and DC
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I love Monster Hunter. Will I also like Dauntless?
  • Topic Archived