• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. (poll) How is the "feel" of this game compared to Smash 4?

User Info: LenDar22

LenDar22
1 month ago#1
How similar does the engine game feel to Smash 4? - Results (53 votes)
It's exactly the same
20.75% (11 votes)
It's as distinct as any other smash game
71.7% (38 votes)
It's similar to Smash 4, but a little slower/floaty
7.55% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I feel like it's mostly like Smash 4 but maybe slightly more "floaty," although not nearly to Brawl's extreme.

Or is it my imagination? Is this basically the SAME as Smash 4 with more stages/content?
There's such a thing as Metal Gear Solid . . . "haters"?! <storms out the door with a big sword>
SSBB Friend Code: 4683-4581-0319

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
1 month ago#2
(poll) How is the "feel" of this game compared to Smash 4?

this game

...you want to be a little more specific on what "this game" is?
"I will never buy a Yoshi game without actual challenge, lasting charm, and good gameplay ever again." -My feedback on Yoshi's Crafted World survey

User Info: Shadowbird_RH

Shadowbird_RH
1 month ago#3
StephenYap3 posted...

this game

You want to figure it out yourself? Or is reaching the obvious conclusion too much work for you?
Fail, and we all face a tyrannical age of pizza the likes of which sentient life has never known. - Sun'barac, Xenoblade Chronicles X

User Info: StephenYap3

StephenYap3
1 month ago#4
Shadowbird_RH posted...
StephenYap3 posted...

this game

You want to figure it out yourself? Or is reaching the obvious conclusion too much work for you?

Well, he could be referring to Brawlhalla or Brawlout instead of Smash Ultimate...
"I will never buy a Yoshi game without actual challenge, lasting charm, and good gameplay ever again." -My feedback on Yoshi's Crafted World survey

User Info: QueenTakhisis

QueenTakhisis
1 month ago#5
Could be Smash Bros Brawl?
"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is the fear of the unknown."
~ H.P. Lovecraft ~

User Info: raulgarcia2

raulgarcia2
1 month ago#6
err at least a third of the returning cast has higher fall speeds and gravity compared to smash 4 and most characters have reduced jumpsquat, newcomers minus isabelle all have higher than average fall speed/gravity so ur assessment is objectively wrong lul

melee pichu's actually floatier than ultimate pichu
Users that I, the great Raul, have defeated: 7

User Info: Big_Isaac

Big_Isaac
1 month ago#7
The Switch feels a lot more like a console than Smash 4 did, which felt more like a video game. I mean sure, you can PLAY video games on the Switch, but that's not really the same thing as BEING a video game.
Overall I think your topic is silly
3DS FC: 0817-3784-2273
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. -Albert Einstein

User Info: Megaman Omega

Megaman Omega
1 month ago#8
StephenYap3 posted...
Shadowbird_RH posted...
StephenYap3 posted...

this game

Well, he could be referring to Brawlhalla or Brawlout instead of Smash Ultimate...

Considering how one of the options is "It's as distinct as any other smash game", I would think not, unless TC thinks that those games are in the Smash Bros series for whatever reason.
"The Switch couldn't handle DooM." - slyman19
"Wolfenstein coming to the Switch? 0% chance." - slyman19

User Info: LenDar22

LenDar22
1 month ago#9
Ultimate feels kind of like a modified Smash 4. Somehow I feel like Smash 4 was a little more snappy but that really could just be my imagination.

Melee and Brawl are known to be on other ends of the spectrum with the feel of the game engine. Smash 4 was its own flavor, but as far as the feel of speed, fell closer to Melee.

But can someone really play Ultimate after Smash 4 and feel like they're just as distinguishable from each other as Melee and Brawl? Honest question.

To be sure, Ultimate is almost certainly the smallest graphical upgrade the series has ever had on account of the hardware. But does anyone know for a fact how much of the game engine was outright recycled from Smash 4?
There's such a thing as Metal Gear Solid . . . "haters"?! <storms out the door with a big sword>
SSBB Friend Code: 4683-4581-0319

User Info: raulgarcia2

raulgarcia2
1 month ago#10
LenDar22 posted...

Melee and Brawl are known to be on other ends of the spectrum with the feel of the game engine. Smash 4 was its own flavor, but as far as the feel of speed, fell closer to Melee.

But can someone really play Ultimate after Smash 4 and feel like they're just as distinguishable from each other as Melee and Brawl? Honest question.

no smash 4 was way closer to brawl than melee.

of course not. brawl is complete trash in terms of gameplay and melee has the best in the series. so of course Ultimate & 4 are not as distinguishable from melee and brawl. but ultimate is way closer to melee than smash 4 because it has low landing lag, much better ground and aerial mobility, and faster knockback speed. also characters are less floaty when they jump and like i said, 1/3 of the returning smash 4 cast has higher fall speed and gravity. its prob just ur imagination.
Users that I, the great Raul, have defeated: 7
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. (poll) How is the "feel" of this game compared to Smash 4?
  • Topic Archived