• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Dragon's Dogma or Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate?

User Info: Dt-1990

Dt-1990
1 month ago#11
DeliFlatChest posted...
Dragon's Dogma.

You need to play with someone to actually enjoy monster hunter, and I can't comment on that since I didn't play GU, if you have someone to play with though then feel free to go with MH.

False. Every monster hunter game is very enjoyable solo. I never play with others.
Silent Hills P.T. tribute http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LSldxwWx8X0

User Info: Naruzeldamaster

Naruzeldamaster
1 month ago#12
what is with this trend of comparing two entirely different styles of game?
it's almost never 'hey would I like james bond or mission impossible'
It's always 'so star wars or lord of the rings'
you could always get both eventually.
Put this in your sig if you are against having another fire fighting starter.
Actually don't, gamefreak doesn't care about gamefaqs signatures.

User Info: Plasmas

Plasmas
1 month ago#13
DD's story is very hit or miss (miss with me)

Whereas MH has little story beyond how you are basically unstoppable

Also DD has less content (read: unique enemies)

Also I've beaten all vanilla missions on MHU (just haven't gotten around to the dlc)
Solo
Merlin: Remember to believe in magic... or I'll kill you.

User Info: 0-172

0-172
1 month ago#14
I honestly can’t pick one over the other. They’re both incredibly good.
3DS FC: 4811-8229-7673, Switch FC: SW-4938-4365-6878
Now playing: Dark Souls, MHGU, Trials Rising, Yoshi's Crafted World, Dead Cells, Dragon's Dogma

User Info: DeliFlatChest

DeliFlatChest
1 month ago#15
Dt-1990 posted...
DeliFlatChest posted...
Dragon's Dogma.

You need to play with someone to actually enjoy monster hunter, and I can't comment on that since I didn't play GU, if you have someone to play with though then feel free to go with MH.

False. Every monster hunter game is very enjoyable solo. I never play with others.

Found no enjoyment whatsoever from the ones I played while playing alone but whatever floats your boat.
&&&&
"""""""""""""""""""""""

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
1 month ago#16
Naruzeldamaster posted...
what is with this trend of comparing two entirely different styles of game?
it's almost never 'hey would I like james bond or mission impossible'
It's always 'so star wars or lord of the rings'
you could always get both eventually.

Who the f*** is comparing or asking for comparisons

Tc asked which game he should get, and whichever side could convince him better then he would get said game

Learn to f***ing read @Naruzeldamaster
I know what your name stands for dude. SexyDragonTidal. You furries... or whatever you guys call yourself... you guys make me sick and have made me afraid to se

User Info: Eugui

Eugui
1 month ago#17
If you are interested in both I would get Monster Hunter now because of the sale, and Dragons Dogma later, you could even get that one in a sale too later
FC: 5524 2074 9424
PSN LordEugui

User Info: xlr_big-coop

xlr_big-coop
1 month ago#18
Dragon's Dogma easily. That game is such a joy to play. Just lose yourself and have fun, learn to play the game however you want to and don't spoil anything.
3ds fc: 2277-6647-7634, ign: luis, electric safari with: Electrode/Electabuzz/Manectric

User Info: helldew

helldew
1 month ago#19
MHGU no contest. Its one of my favorite monster hunters for a good reason. the game is fun as heck. tons of content. many of the best fights in the entire series styles add some wicked variety online is a total blast MH isnt for everyone but if it is your type of game its insane how much enjoyment you can get outta it
----

User Info: tw1g_007

tw1g_007
1 month ago#20
DD is easy end/post game. Very easy. Compared to GU its night and day. GU wins. Easy.
MHPortable 3rd AGGL Legend. I am one of the main reasons Bushido & Brave Gunlancing exists today on MHX/X. Please show appropriate respect. Thank you.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Dragon's Dogma or Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate?
  • Topic Archived