• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Team Sonic Racing - Switch vs PS4 comparison video - Switch looks great!

User Info: GudGuyTreX

GudGuyTreX
4 weeks ago#1
https://youtu.be/qmfC53C1oiw

Looks great!

I was deciding on the Xbox One X of Team Sonic Racing but I think I’ll get the Switch version instead to play anywhere.

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
4 weeks ago#2
You realize the main complaint is the framerate, not the visuals?
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: afr1234

afr1234
4 weeks ago#3
Lol at gamexplain

Wait for digital foundry. Also, from looking at the video (that is conveniently trying to conceal the frame rate), the switch has performance issues.

Textures and geometry looks downgraded too

User Info: Disengaged

Disengaged
4 weeks ago#4
Visually it holds up remarkably well.

Still dont get why sonic is driving a car.
This is my signature. You read my signature. It sucked.

User Info: CallmeSoren

CallmeSoren
4 weeks ago#5
Dat 30 fps in a racing game...

I can't seem to find any videos showcasing 3 or 4 player split screen action on the Switch version. I'm really worried about how the performance holds up there.
You'll get no sympathy from me!

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
4 weeks ago#6
Disengaged posted...
Visually it holds up remarkably well.

Still dont get why sonic is driving a car.

I guess to make it "fair", also at least in Transformed he had an excuse since the car could transform into a boat and plane, goes without saying that Sonic can't fly but I believe it's canonical that he can't swim either, so at least him needing a transforming car for tracks that go across land, sea, and air made sense.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: talesfan215

talesfan215
4 weeks ago#7
Is GameXPlain pro-nintendo?

User Info: MARl0

MARl0
4 weeks ago#8
The frame rate looks rough. No thanks.
Currently playing: The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky (PSP/PSTV)

User Info: GudGuyTreX

GudGuyTreX
4 weeks ago#9
afr1234 posted...
Lol at gamexplain

Wait for digital foundry. Also, from looking at the video (that is conveniently trying to conceal the frame rate), the switch has performance issues.

Textures and geometry looks downgraded too

Did you even watch the video? They even said right from the beginning the biggest difference is that the Switch version is 30fps compared to the other versions. They weren’t hiding anything and it looks damn good and 30fps didn’t seem to be a big hamper for this game at all. Looks really great from everything I’ve been reading about the Switch version. Concealing it? lol. They told you right from the beginning

User Info: ObsceneAnarchy

ObsceneAnarchy
4 weeks ago#10
I had to return the WiiU version of Transformed because the frame rate was unbearable. Getting the same vibe here.

Switch version should be able to handle 60 fps if Mario Kart 8, one of the best looking games on the Switch, can.
Brawl #: 2019-9336-9320
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Team Sonic Racing - Switch vs PS4 comparison video - Switch looks great!
  • Topic Archived