• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Get ready for more "Persona 5 Switch When" Threads

User Info: Akarin

Akarin
4 weeks ago#21
Smash was a mistake.
"Akarin~"

User Info: GigantLuffy

GigantLuffy
4 weeks ago#22
Akarin posted...
Smash was a mistake.

This. The should have announced Erdrick instead, and DQ deserves more love from the West than Persona.
The Cat of Dojima
Anybody who says Persona 5 is a masterpiece should not be taken seriously.

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
4 weeks ago#23
afr1234 posted...
kanzagi321 posted...
It’s not like this is exclusive to the switch fanbase.

There was a lot of portbegging for SMT V from ps4 communities as well.

Lol

This is FALSE.

Persona 5 is currently on track to outsell ALL SMT games combined.

P4G sold more on vita with a 12-14M install base while SMTIV had an install base of 70M.

Persona 5 is the best selling game of Atlus and before that it was persona 4.

SMT franchise is really something not as popular so if the thing was that massive as persona 5 is now, i could believe you.

That has nothing to do with what he said. He said some Sony fans are already port beging for SMT 5. Which is true. Which series is more popular is irrelevant.
Sarcasm is my basic function.

User Info: sandstormflygon

sandstormflygon
4 weeks ago#24
GigantLuffy posted...
Pishkaposh posted...
But if it's simply a switch port of the vanilla game, it's probably not going to have as much impact as P5R did. And if it's simply another spinoff game, well, it's definitely not going to have the same impact P5R does.

You're giving P5R too much credit. It's a full priced rerelease of a two-year-old (3 in Japan) game on a console that everybody has played it on. It's a game being resold to the same audience. The core game is still the same Persona 5. At least releasing it on another console would be selling it to a new audience. One of the top Google search results for any variation of Persona 5 The Royal is "p5r switch," so it's not like the demand isn't there.

By all accounts the royal should have been DLC and not a full game but that is what Atlus decided to do anyway.

User Info: GigantLuffy

GigantLuffy
4 weeks ago#25
sandstormflygon posted...
GigantLuffy posted...
Pishkaposh posted...
But if it's simply a switch port of the vanilla game, it's probably not going to have as much impact as P5R did. And if it's simply another spinoff game, well, it's definitely not going to have the same impact P5R does.

You're giving P5R too much credit. It's a full priced rerelease of a two-year-old (3 in Japan) game on a console that everybody has played it on. It's a game being resold to the same audience. The core game is still the same Persona 5. At least releasing it on another console would be selling it to a new audience. One of the top Google search results for any variation of Persona 5 The Royal is "p5r switch," so it's not like the demand isn't there.

By all accounts the royal should have been DLC and not a full game but that is what Atlus decided to do anyway.

It was obviously not going to be DLC. Everyone who's followed Atlus knew it wasn't going to be DLC. I've even gotten s*** for saying P5R wasn't going to be DLC. Just goes to show you that Persona 5 fanboys don't know s*** about Atlus.
The Cat of Dojima
Anybody who says Persona 5 is a masterpiece should not be taken seriously.

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
4 weeks ago#26
creativerealms posted...
afr1234 posted...
kanzagi321 posted...
It’s not like this is exclusive to the switch fanbase.

There was a lot of portbegging for SMT V from ps4 communities as well.

Lol

This is FALSE.

Persona 5 is currently on track to outsell ALL SMT games combined.

P4G sold more on vita with a 12-14M install base while SMTIV had an install base of 70M.

Persona 5 is the best selling game of Atlus and before that it was persona 4.

SMT franchise is really something not as popular so if the thing was that massive as persona 5 is now, i could believe you.

That has nothing to do with what he said. He said some Sony fans are already port beging for SMT 5. Which is true. Which series is more popular is irrelevant.

Pointing that out to afr won’t do any good.
3DS FC: 0490-7858-5102/NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
4 weeks ago#27
Bluediculous

User Info: Marcster1994

Marcster1994
4 weeks ago#28
This is the same company that dropped vanilla Catherine on PC while just recently showing of Catherine Full Body.

Announcing a vanilla P5 Switch port after showing off their enhanced rerelease is par for the Atlus course.
Switch: SW-7617-7348-9391 ~ NNID: MarcsterS
PSN: Marcster1994 ~ Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/HystericalGhost

User Info: AndyMacG09

AndyMacG09
4 weeks ago#29
Atarigamer posted...
AndyMacG09 posted...
-_- this is getting rediculous

I think you mean ridiculous ;)

Oh no a Grammar Nazi -_-

Sorry but I usually have very good spelling. My bad for making one mistake
Switch FC: 1832-8838-9971
Scorpion4Smash

User Info: Exurna

Exurna
4 weeks ago#30
kirbyhoakage posted...
everyone should have a ps4 anyways. all its games will be able to be played on next gen unlike nintendo consoles. its time to start supporting companies who give a crap about gamers.

Crazy how the narrative changes.

Wii has full GC BC: "Nobody cares about BC, we want to play new games!"
Wii U has full Wii BC: "Nobody cares about BC, we want to play new games!"
Switch, as anyone would understand, has no BC: "BC is the only thing that matters"
Dm7 G7 Cmaj7 Fmaj7 Bm7(b5) E7 Am7 Fm7 G#
PM me a chord to add.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Get ready for more "Persona 5 Switch When" Threads
  • Topic Archived