• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Should I wait for a revision?

User Info: Shad0wg00n

Shad0wg00n
4 weeks ago#11
BlueDsc posted...
Shad0wg00n posted...
BlueDsc posted...
Shad0wg00n posted...
BlueDsc posted...
Depends on whether or not you want to continue waiting on something that isn't even confirmed to exist at the moment.

Game Boy Light
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance SP
Game Boy Micro
DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS XL
2DS
New 3DS
New 3DS XL
New 2DS XL

NES toploader
2nd model of SNES
Wii Mini

It happened far less for the home platforms, true, but Nintendo is not averse to releasing very different revisions, usually with upgrades, often with exclusive games, and sometimes even with certain downgrades. It would shock most of us, I think, if Nintendo didn't (visibly, not just small changes to the internals) revise the Switch, especially with Sony and Microsoft also doing it.

That doesn't change the fact that nothing is officially confirmed in regards to a revision.

The Switch looks amazing and if you bought early it makes perfect sense. I'm just saying that given it has been a couple of years and since it's Nintendo it's not overreaching to assume that s they're going to release a very different model.

That and with Pokemon coming and a couple years having past, a cost-cutting and cheaper revision could be very much on the cards, if nothing else.

I agree, but again, that's still all assumption for now.

True, true. Looking forward to the next few years. Nintendo quality has been superb lately, picking up from where the unrecognized, unpopular, but surprisingly well-supported Wii U left off.
Dark Aether.

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
4 weeks ago#12
Shad0wg00n posted...
BlueDsc posted...
Shad0wg00n posted...
BlueDsc posted...
Depends on whether or not you want to continue waiting on something that isn't even confirmed to exist at the moment.

Game Boy Light
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance SP
Game Boy Micro
DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS XL
2DS
New 3DS
New 3DS XL
New 2DS XL

NES toploader
2nd model of SNES
Wii Mini

It happened far less for the home platforms, true, but Nintendo is not averse to releasing very different revisions, usually with upgrades, often with exclusive games, and sometimes even with certain downgrades. It would shock most of us, I think, if Nintendo didn't (visibly, not just small changes to the internals) revise the Switch, especially with Sony and Microsoft also doing it.

That doesn't change the fact that nothing is officially confirmed in regards to a revision.

The Switch looks amazing and if you bought early it makes perfect sense. I'm just saying that given it has been a couple of years and since it's Nintendo it's not overreaching to assume that s they're going to release a very different model.

That and with Pokemon coming and a couple years having past, a cost-cutting and cheaper revision could be very much on the cards, if nothing else.

If the rumors are true, there will be a mini released in the fall, and the pro version will probably be a year away (next spring/summer). If you can wait till E3 regarding the mini you'd be interested in, then by all means wait till June. I don't see the harm in getting a regular switch either if you're into Nintendo games.
Favorite NFL Team: The Los Angeles Rams

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
4 weeks ago#13
Yes, keep waiting until the switch 2.0
Then when that comes out, don't get it. Just wait for the revision.

serious answer:
If you want it now, just get it. What is a revision going to add?
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | Xbox One

User Info: piranhapete

piranhapete
4 weeks ago#14
I would wait until E3 to see if that rumored mini Switch gets announced.
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen! So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
Birdo deserves a bigger role in the Mario series!

User Info: supertecmobowl

supertecmobowl
4 weeks ago#15
If you want the Switch mini, apparently they will show it at E3.
Favorite NFL Team: The Los Angeles Rams
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Should I wait for a revision?
  • Topic Archived