• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Should I wait for a revision?

User Info: Shad0wg00n

Shad0wg00n
3 weeks ago#1
Wii U user here, so I don't need Mario Kart 8 or BOTW.

Just want to play Odyssey, Smash, Xenoblade 2, Luigi's Mansion 3 down the line, and maybe Pokemon. Been thinking some sort of Lite revision might make more sense for me (as long as there's a dock available) as I've waited this far. Also interested really only in physical copies on those nice-looking game cards and I'm thinking that Odyssey and maybe even Xenoblade 2 will be Nintendo Selects at some point.

Not expecting miracles out of a hypothetical Switch Pro, the base system and a hypothetical Lite are very nice and can handle 720p+ with typical Nintendo quality, and importantly most things will still be designed to target that base spec.

Should I wait a bit or dive in right now?
Dark Aether.

User Info: BlueDsc

BlueDsc
3 weeks ago#2
Depends on whether or not you want to continue waiting on something that isn't even confirmed to exist at the moment.

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
3 weeks ago#3
Nothing is confirmed officially at the moment, it's best to wait until E3 at least.
Light up the night sky! The mystery behind the moonlight! Cure Selene!

Shad0wg00n
3 weeks ago#4
BlueDsc posted...
Depends on whether or not you want to continue waiting on something that isn't even confirmed to exist at the moment.

Game Boy Light
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance SP
Game Boy Micro
DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS XL
2DS
New 3DS
New 3DS XL
New 2DS XL

NES toploader
2nd model of SNES
Wii Mini

It happened far less for the home platforms, true, but Nintendo is not averse to releasing very different revisions, usually with upgrades, often with exclusive games, and sometimes even with certain downgrades. It would shock most of us, I think, if Nintendo didn't (visibly, not just small changes to the internals) revise the Switch, especially with Sony and Microsoft also doing it.
Dark Aether.

Shad0wg00n
3 weeks ago#5
Nhatalya posted...
Nothing is confirmed officially at the moment, it's best to wait until E3 at least.

Good call.
Dark Aether.

User Info: ikki5

ikki5
3 weeks ago#6
It is close enough to E3 to wait until atleast then.
All signatures are offensive!

BlueDsc
3 weeks ago#7
Shad0wg00n posted...
BlueDsc posted...

Game Boy Light
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance SP
Game Boy Micro
DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS XL
2DS
New 3DS
New 3DS XL
New 2DS XL

NES toploader
2nd model of SNES
Wii Mini

It happened far less for the home platforms, true, but Nintendo is not averse to releasing very different revisions, usually with upgrades, often with exclusive games, and sometimes even with certain downgrades. It would shock most of us, I think, if Nintendo didn't (visibly, not just small changes to the internals) revise the Switch, especially with Sony and Microsoft also doing it.

That doesn't change the fact that nothing is officially confirmed in regards to a revision.

Shad0wg00n
3 weeks ago#8
BlueDsc posted...
Shad0wg00n posted...
BlueDsc posted...

Game Boy Light
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance SP
Game Boy Micro
DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS XL
2DS
New 3DS
New 3DS XL
New 2DS XL

NES toploader
2nd model of SNES
Wii Mini

That doesn't change the fact that nothing is officially confirmed in regards to a revision.

The Switch looks amazing and if you bought early it makes perfect sense. I'm just saying that given it has been a couple of years and since it's Nintendo it's not overreaching to assume that s they're going to release a very different model.

That and with Pokemon coming and a couple years having past, a cost-cutting and cheaper revision could be very much on the cards, if nothing else.
Dark Aether.

BlueDsc
3 weeks ago#9
Shad0wg00n posted...
BlueDsc posted...
Shad0wg00n posted...
BlueDsc posted...

Game Boy Light
Game Boy Color
Game Boy Advance SP
Game Boy Micro
DS Lite
DSi
DSi XL
3DS XL
2DS
New 3DS
New 3DS XL
New 2DS XL

NES toploader
2nd model of SNES
Wii Mini

The Switch looks amazing and if you bought early it makes perfect sense. I'm just saying that given it has been a couple of years and since it's Nintendo it's not overreaching to assume that s they're going to release a very different model.

That and with Pokemon coming and a couple years having past, a cost-cutting and cheaper revision could be very much on the cards, if nothing else.

I agree, but again, that's still all assumption for now.

User Info: ohnoitschris

ohnoitschris
3 weeks ago#10
Shad0wg00n posted...
2nd model of SNES

Fun fact, that's generally referred to as the SNES Jr., due to the Japanese version being called the Super Famicom Jr.
Join the Nintendo Fun Club today, Mac!
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Should I wait for a revision?
  • Topic Archived