• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Dragon's Dogma framerate in handheld and docked

User Info: kumorixLoveless

kumorixLoveless
4 weeks ago#1
I'm not sure how to feel about this now.

https://youtu.be/fzL7h5O9tIQ
If you don't agree with my opinion or i don't like your opinion, you're s troll. -Literally everyone in Gamefaqs

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
4 weeks ago#2
So about identical with handheld getting the occasional 1 fps drop or 1 fps increase.

Looks good. Maybe I'll get it after all.

User Info: PaulFoster

PaulFoster
4 weeks ago#3
The framerate looked fine to me, sure a couple of dips but nothing really bad. tbh I'm more concerned by the horrible pop-in.
Religion is false hope. The fear of death caused men to create a made up story to give them a feeling of comfort.

User Info: Kogepan

Kogepan
4 weeks ago#4
Could be hell of a lot worse.
From what I briefly saw.......it was relatively stable with just 1-2 frame drops (not hugely noticeable in the heat of things)

The only real noticeable thing was the fire from the dragon......... Thing is with the motion blur effect and everything, the frame drop wasnt really that noticiable to me.....had there not been a counter.

Pretty decent performance.

kumorixLoveless
4 weeks ago#5
MetalZoic posted...
So about identical with handheld getting the occasional 1 fps drop or 1 fps increase.

Looks good. Maybe I'll get it after all.

Yes i too ignored those 24fps drop from a dragons attack and 26 from that lions roar. I wonder how the magic class will handheld this. But fair enough the running going 29 and 31 is fine.
https://i.imgtc.com/iuF5eSW.png
If you don't agree with my opinion or i don't like your opinion, you're s troll. -Literally everyone in Gamefaqs

kumorixLoveless
4 weeks ago#6
Kogepan posted...
Could be hell of a lot worse.
From what I briefly saw.......it was relatively stable with just 1-2 frame drops (not hugely noticeable in the heat of things)

The only real noticeable thing was the fire from the dragon......... Thing is with the motion blur effect and everything, the frame drop wasnt really that noticiable to me.....had there not been a counter.

Pretty decent performance.

What concerns me is the performance of the game while using a mage class or anything that is very flashy. I'll have to wait on release to get the seed on my preload and see what hell could await me.

User Info: Jmanghan

Jmanghan
4 weeks ago#7
f***in bulls*** man, they couldn't LOCK it at 30? Jesus.
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Zoth (Class: Fighter)
PSN: Ghj547.

User Info: stop3

stop3
4 weeks ago#8
Luckily there's no framerate counter in the corner when you play for real. Pretty excited for this game.

User Info: Disengaged

Disengaged
4 weeks ago#9
Looks like you'll be getting drops to 26-24 when sorcerer pawns fire off big spells.

Still this is so much smoother than the ps360 versions I put 100's of hours into that it looks wierd.
This is my signature. You read my signature. It sucked.

User Info: MetalZoic

MetalZoic
4 weeks ago#10
kumorixLoveless posted...
Yes i too ignored those 24fps drop from a dragons attack and 26 from that lions roar.

Both were brief and minor I'd say.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Dragon's Dogma framerate in handheld and docked
  • Topic Archived