• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Sega Ages Virtua Racing coming to Switch.....but why? Why not....

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
1 month ago#1
Sega Rally
Ferrari 355 Challenge
Scud Race
Daytona USA
Waverunners
Sonic All Star Racing

these are all better racing games..

https://gematsu.com/2019/04/sega-ages-virtua-racing-launches-april-25-in-japan

Also they should bring over Virtua Fighter 4 and 5
(\__/) (\_(\
(='.'=)(= '.')=

User Info: Jamie64326

Jamie64326
1 month ago#2
1. Why would M2 do a version of a relatively new game (All-Stars Racing) when thats not what SEGA AGES is about?

2. Why not let M2 do an enhanced port of the game? It was the game that started polygonal racing games for SEGA. I know there's better but it'll be good to see their version.

Devilman_Amon
1 month ago#3
Jamie64326 posted...
1. Why would M2 do a version of a relatively new game (All-Stars Racing) when thats not what SEGA AGES is about?

2. Why not let M2 do an enhanced port of the game? It was the game that started polygonal racing games for SEGA. I know there's better but it'll be good to see their version.

3. Why did you actively ignore all the other games I listed? Just because something was the first doesn't mean its the best.
Its this reason alone why we don't see many ports of the original Street Fighter game despite it being the first (because it just wasnt that good).
Heck, we've seen more ports of Virtua Fighter 2 than Virtua Fighter 1. Why? Because it was simply better and still holds up more over time.

One of Sega's first fighting games was Dark Edge. Why come we never got a port of that? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBXZ9f-dCMM

where's Holosseum by Sega??
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYeqQOnNsho
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-Nlf9Ndj58
(lol)
(\__/) (\_(\
(='.'=)(= '.')=

Jamie64326
1 month ago#4
Devilman_Amon posted...
Jamie64326 posted...

3. Why did you actively ignore all the other games I listed? Just because something was the first doesn't mean its the best.
Its this reason alone why we don't see many ports of the original Street Fighter game despite it being the first (because it just wasnt that good).
Heck, we've seen more ports of Virtua Fighter 2 than Virtua Fighter 1. Why? Because it was simply better and still holds up more over time.

I didn't ignore your list hence why I said there is better. Also, you make a point but this game also has history for SEGA, which is why I think it's another good reason to do it.

Devilman_Amon
1 month ago#5
Jamie64326 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
Jamie64326 posted...

I didn't ignore your list hence why I said there is better. Also, you make a point but this game also has history for SEGA, which is why I think it's another good reason to do it.

Like I said, VF2 has more ports than VF1 for a reason. Ferrari F355 is just a better game. Scud Racing is just a better game (and has never been ported to consoles). Sega Rally is just a better game. Waverunners is just a better game (which also never got ported). They are all old games well over 20 years which puts them in the same 'classic' category as Virtua Racing which just feels gimped compared to them. Its frustrating. I blame u
(\__/) (\_(\
(='.'=)(= '.')=

Jamie64326
1 month ago#6
Devilman_Amon posted...
Jamie64326 posted...
Devilman_Amon posted...
Jamie64326 posted...

Like I said, VF2 has more ports than VF1 for a reason. Ferrari F355 is just a better game. Scud Racing is just a better game (and has never been ported to consoles). Sega Rally is just a better game. Waverunners is just a better game (which also never got ported). They are all old games well over 20 years which puts them in the same 'classic' category as Virtua Racing which just feels gimped compared to them. Its frustrating. I blame u

Here's the other thing. Maybe they want to focus on earlier classics. Maybe they'll eventually do it, we don't know. Except from F355 chalkenge, unlease they drop the license. All I know is, they're redoing one of SEGA's classics. And why are you blaming me?

User Info: rswsc0407

rswsc0407
1 month ago#7
It's called licensing issues.

Most of those games use the actual name brands for the various vehicles.
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004, 2007, 2013, 2018 PSN ID- rswsc0407

Jamie64326
1 month ago#8
rswsc0407 posted...

I just remembered, yeah. They needed the license for Daytona USA. There was that version without the license, but it just wasn't right. I don't now what licenses SEGA Rally, Scud Race and Waverunner has.

Devilman_Amon
1 month ago#9
Jamie64326 posted...
rswsc0407 posted...

I just remembered, yeah. They needed the license for Daytona USA. There was that version without the license, but it just wasn't right. I don't now what licenses SEGA Rally, Scud Race and Waverunner has.

Its not as big a deal as you think though because there's new Daytona game for arcades actually so meh

and Scud Race had no licensed cars. Waverunners no licensed jet skis...

also we need a port of Spikeout Final Edition, Project Harriers, Slashout, Spiker's Battle since none of those left the arcades and Virtua Fighter 3 (since that only came on the DC)
(\__/) (\_(\
(='.'=)(= '.')=

Devilman_Amon
1 month ago#10
Jamie64326 posted...
And why are you blaming me?

because I'm upset and I need to focus my anger to someone and since Sega isn't here the next person is you
(\__/) (\_(\
(='.'=)(= '.')=
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Sega Ages Virtua Racing coming to Switch.....but why? Why not....
  • Topic Archived