• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Sega Genesis Mini is up for preorder, are you getting one?

User Info: ChristianWalker

ChristianWalker
2 months ago#81
Hell yes I'm getting it!

Love my SNES mini but the Genesis one seems to have a lineup more suited to my tastes/nostalgia. Can't wait to get it in my hands, and yeah I know there's other ways to play these. But the official releases feel special.
I <3 Brands and IPs that you've probably heard of

User Info: Shinobi120

Shinobi120
2 months ago#82
n00bsaib0t posted...
There are already aftermarket accessories that do it. Tons. You have generic RCA to HDMI adapters, more expensive devices like OSSC and Framemeister, HD Retrovision makes component cables for them, OG Xbox, PS2, and Dreamcast have HDMI cables available, GC has its own HDMI adapter. There are also clone consoles that connect via HDMI, and those work with carts. If you want to mod an existing console pretty much all of them have HDMI mod kits available.

And just where can you find someone to mod an existing old console from?
November 8th, 2016 was the day that became a HUGE nightmare for America & the rest of the world once Donald Trump was elected president.

User Info: CaptainCaputo

CaptainCaputo
2 months ago#83
Got one preordered on amazon for now; jury is still out if I’ll keep it though
"It's 5 O'clock Somewhere"

User Info: Rhio2k

Rhio2k
2 months ago#84
Are they done announcing games for it, and are Rocket Knight Adventures, Virginsoft's The Lion King, and Treasure's Yuyu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen/Sunset Fighters* on there? If not, sorry, lost me.

*The originator of the godlike multi-character/plane combat system from Guardian Heroes

User Info: ZenithianHero

ZenithianHero
2 months ago#85
Rhio2k posted...
Are they done announcing games for it, and are Rocket Knight Adventures, Virginsoft's The Lion King, and Treasure's Yuyu Hakusho: Makyo Toitsusen/Sunset Fighters* on there? If not, sorry, lost me.

*The originator of the godlike multi-character/plane combat system from Guardian Heroes

No it is halfway done with reveals

Rocket Knight has a chance but I am not expecting YuYu Hakusho for the Western Mini and I am not expecting anything licensed that Sega has not touched like Lion King or Aladdin.
My blog | http://zenithianhero.tumblr.com/
Sega news site | http://www.segalization.com/

User Info: rswsc0407

rswsc0407
2 months ago#86
Here's what the rest of the lineup will more than likely look like imo.

De-cap Attack
Golden Axe 1-3
Vectorman 1-2
PS 2-4
SOR 1-3(of they haven't been announced)

Basically whatever is left that hasn't been mentioned that they always include.
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004, 2007, 2013, 2018 PSN ID- rswsc0407

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
2 months ago#87
Shinobi120 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
There are already aftermarket accessories that do it. Tons. You have generic RCA to HDMI adapters, more expensive devices like OSSC and Framemeister, HD Retrovision makes component cables for them, OG Xbox, PS2, and Dreamcast have HDMI cables available, GC has its own HDMI adapter. There are also clone consoles that connect via HDMI, and those work with carts. If you want to mod an existing console pretty much all of them have HDMI mod kits available.

Not to mention, it presumes you even have a functioning old console, and that you'd be willing to disassemble and make major aftermarket modifications to it.

User Info: SplatterHouse55

SplatterHouse55
2 months ago#88
I have the softest heart for the Sega Genesis, so yeah, I have this pre-ordered. 😃
Ever since I started working, every day has been worse than the last, so every time you see me it's the worst day of my life. - Office Space

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
2 months ago#89
metaphysician posted...
Shinobi120 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...

Not to mention, it presumes you even have a functioning old console, and that you'd be willing to disassemble and make major aftermarket modifications to it.

How does it assume you have one already? Is there some sort of law I don’t know about that restricts used sales of retro consoles? It also doesn’t assume you’re willing to mod yours, it says it’s an option. Seriously, you’re grasping hard here.

As for finding someone to mod your console, use google. I don’t know where you live. I can tell you I see that s*** daily on Offer Up and there are eBay sellers that are selling HDMI modded consoles. You can also do it yourself. Wild concept, I know.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
2 months ago#90
Which would require you to spend either the money to buy a modded console, or else to figure out how to mod it yourself. A much greater cost in either money or time/effort.

Which is why stuff like the Genesis Mini exists in the first place: *not everyone wants to spend the money/time getting 'authentic' retro consoles working*.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Sega Genesis Mini is up for preorder, are you getting one?
  • Topic Archived