• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I knew it made sense to just wait for a better version of the Switch..

User Info: Devilman_Amon

Devilman_Amon
1 month ago#1
Wish I had done that for the PS4 (I even waited 2 years in for that one and still got one with a faulty weak HDMI port)...
(\__/) (\_(\
(='.'=)(= '.')=

User Info: tony1221

tony1221
1 month ago#2
Mate unless you're scraping for pennies it makes no sense to wait 2 years for a better Switch version. Money comes and goes, time doesn't. That's 2 years of gaming you missed out on just to get an updated Switch. Technology always evolves. No point waiting for a newer switch because then you can simply wait for a successor and tell yourself the Switch 2 will be better or whatever.

Imagine waiting for a better 3ds. 3ds xl comes out. Then when the new 3ds comes out you tell yourself you should've waited. Then the 2ds comes out, then the new 2ds xl. You know technology is always evolving.

Devilman_Amon
1 month ago#3
tony1221 posted...
Mate unless you're scraping for pennies it makes no sense to wait 2 years for a better Switch version. Money comes and goes, time doesn't. That's 2 years of gaming you missed out on just to get an updated Switch. Technology always evolves. No point waiting for a newer switch because then you can simply wait for a successor and tell yourself the Switch 2 will be better or whatever.

Imagine waiting for a better 3ds. 3ds xl comes out. Then when the new 3ds comes out you tell yourself you should've waited. Then the 2ds comes out, then the new 2ds xl. You know technology is always evolving.

You dont realize I had to not only spend $150 to fix my PS4 but eventually had to buy a 2nd one at that since the fix failed later on. All which could have been avoided if I had just waited a few more months. I wasn't impressed with the Switch's initial design so I waited. Its not big deal. Its better to buy a good product than rush in and buy a faulty one.

and yes I got the 3DS XL when it came out I didnt get the 3DS at launch. I saw no need for the New 3DS as it barely offered anything worth waiting for and the 2DS is stupid.
(\__/) (\_(\
(='.'=)(= '.')=

User Info: _Drinkinlinkin_

_Drinkinlinkin_
1 month ago#4
tony1221 posted...

While I agree with some of what your saying I disagree with some of it.

Yeah tc, if you want something just buy it now or just wait until next gen to buy it and choose the best sku. Or wait.... maybe the successor has backwards compatibility. So why not just buy the newest console and wait another gen for the..... **** emulation has advanced to where the original console looks better on your pc.

Technology always evolves. Just jump in when you feel it's worth it to you. Where that line is for you will be different than most anyone else's. I typically need about 10 exclusives and I still wait for a sale.

That being said. Games aren't going anywhere. To this day I still pick up NES games that are new to me. While some are lost the the nether if you don't buy near release (Scott Pilgrim v.s. The World) the overwhelming majority will still be there and cheaper if you wait until your ready. Do what makes you happy.
http://backloggery.com/drinkinlinkin
Joe: "You know what my kids would say..." Tom Servo: "You're not my real father!" -MST3k: The movie

Devilman_Amon
1 month ago#5
_Drinkinlinkin_ posted...
tony1221 posted...

While I agree with some of what your saying I disagree with some of it.

Yeah tc, if you want something just buy it now or just wait until next gen to buy it and choose the best sku. Or wait.... maybe the successor has backwards compatibility. So why not just buy the newest console and wait another gen for the..... **** emulation has advanced to where the original console looks better on your pc.

Technology always evolves. Just jump in when you feel it's worth it to you. Where that line is for you will be different than most anyone else's. I typically need about 10 exclusives and I still wait for a sale.

That being said. Games aren't going anywhere. To this day I still pick up NES games that are new to me. While some are lost the the nether if you don't buy near release (Scott Pilgrim v.s. The World) the overwhelming majority will still be there and cheaper if you wait until your ready. Do what makes you happy.

the 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse was a mess. The 1991 model however was good. Why? Because the 1990 model was the first of its kind. Typically with technology, the first batches are prone to design errors
(\__/) (\_(\
(='.'=)(= '.')=

User Info: CAPSAR

CAPSAR
1 month ago#6
TC you also do realize that so far these are just rumors about a better version of the Switch that will be released this year.
~r. walsh
Switch FC - SW-6289-8986-2866

User Info: stop3

stop3
1 month ago#7
I think the next version of the Switch will actually be inferior, more like the 2Ds. The most recent reporting from Nikkei supports this. A smaller model, not more powerful.

User Info: _Drinkinlinkin_

_Drinkinlinkin_
1 month ago#8
Devilman_Amon posted...

the 1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse was a mess. The 1991 model however was good. Why? Because the 1990 model was the first of its kind. Typically with technology, the first batches are prone to design errors

Again, such is the nature of technology. The top loader NES is the better version as it is less prone to the pin bending issue. Hell the NES classic is actually better because it's compatible with hdtvs and you can hack it and load all the NES games on it.

Its up to you to find that sweet spot. I bought the Switch because I had the money, I wanted to play some games on the go, and I wanted to support a few developers I feel actually deserve my money although I know it's not much. I know a better model will be released. If I like that one (and it's an upgrade) I will sell this one and get that.

Not trying to argue. Just saying do whatever you want.
http://backloggery.com/drinkinlinkin
Joe: "You know what my kids would say..." Tom Servo: "You're not my real father!" -MST3k: The movie

User Info: kobalobasileus

kobalobasileus
1 month ago#9
I was planning to wait, but a relative wanted to give me one for Xmas in 2017. *shrug* Oh well.

The sad thing is, I absolutely could have waited. I could have gotten Break of the Weapons for WiiU instead of borrowing a Switch copy. I could have waited and snagged Octopath off Steam, since it's getting multi-platted. I could have spared myself the cluster f*** of buying Kingdom Battle and Kingdom Battle Gold Edition (which ended up sucking, since the DLC isn't on the card, but is just a code in the box).

Hell, the only 100% good experiences I've had with the Switch have been Mario Odyssey and Dragon Quest Builders, both of which could have waited.

Bleh. Stupid mid-gen hardware refreshes... makes buying a console even more like buying a PC, except you don't actually have any say about which hardware goes in and when, plus with Nintendo, you've got to migrate your data via an esoteric and arcane process instead of just copypasta with a flash drive.

User Info: Ku-Ri-Boh

Ku-Ri-Boh
1 month ago#10
Tc, don't even get the revisions

In several years they will be releasing switch successor wtf

It makes sense to just wait for that

What an incredibly dumb topic.
I know what your name stands for dude. SexyDragonTidal. You furries... or whatever you guys call yourself... you guys make me sick and have made me afraid to se
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I knew it made sense to just wait for a better version of the Switch..
  • Topic Archived