• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Games that go on sale for 90% off or more

User Info: Turbo_TRex

Turbo_TRex
1 month ago#1
How can they afford to cut the price that much? Is it a sign that the game is selling terribly, and the publisher us desperate?
To err is human. To blame your computer for your mistakes is even more human.
3DS Friend Code: 1736-0776-2758 IGN: Michael NNID: Turbo-TRex

User Info: Chilly0123

Chilly0123
1 month ago#2
https://register.ubisoft.com/acu-notredame-giveaway/en-US

This game sold over 10 million copies, but it is being given away for free right now.
Switch FC: 6749-4573-6683 | Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/chilly01234/

User Info: stargazer64

stargazer64
1 month ago#3
I don’t know. If a game isn’t selling at all I guess selling a few thousand copies for 10 cents is better than nothing. Maybe 20000 buy it cheap, and then when the sale ends some suckers still see it on the Best Sellers list and buy it.
"Why must it always be pandemonium?!"

User Info: DarkDemon373

DarkDemon373
1 month ago#4
Depends on how long it's been out. Yes, if it didn't do great it will probably come down in attempts to get what money they can. This is also true after a game has already made the bulk of its money and has been on the market awhile.

Then you have physical copies in bargain bins at Walmart and such. Generally the game developers have already made the money off of the copies and the store itself simply needs to get rid of product for newer item shelf space and takes some of the loss.

User Info: yodalovesu

yodalovesu
1 month ago#5
Sometimes a sale that's temporarily low will get a lot of people talking about a game that would otherwise never be noticed, too. After Car Quest's initial $1 sale, I've seen it mentioned in this board several times
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Games that go on sale for 90% off or more
  • Topic Archived