• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Gematsu: Sega Genesis / Mega Drive Mini titles 11 to 20 announced

User Info: KaiserGX64

KaiserGX64
1 month ago#41
n00bsaib0t posted...
NoMoneyRanger posted...
MoonKnight789 posted...
Maverick_Reznor posted...
Japan gets Hard Corps and not usa?
That's some bulls***

We are getting the 3 versions.
https://imgtc.com/i/i5pc3te.jpg

That's quite a relief if confirmed. Don't want this to be the PS mini again.

Why single out the PlayStation Classic like the NES and SNES classics don’t have region differences, and like there aren’t already differences for the Genesis classic?

Because the PlayStation classic had PAL games on the NA version...

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
1 month ago#42
KaiserGX64 posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
NoMoneyRanger posted...
MoonKnight789 posted...
Maverick_Reznor posted...
Japan gets Hard Corps and not usa?
That's some bulls***

We are getting the 3 versions.
https://imgtc.com/i/i5pc3te.jpg

That's quite a relief if confirmed. Don't want this to be the PS mini again.

Why single out the PlayStation Classic like the NES and SNES classics don’t have region differences, and like there aren’t already differences for the Genesis classic?

Because the PlayStation classic had PAL games on the NA version...

Which of course has nothing to do with different games between regions.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: HylianKnight1

HylianKnight1
1 month ago#43
n00bsaib0t posted...
MoonKnight789 posted...
ROB45 posted...
There have been mini Genesis systems with 60+ games. Pass.

All trash. This is quality stuff.

Supposedly.

The Sega Genesis Mini is being developed by M2; a company made up of former Sega development staff that specialize in porting classic Sega games to modern consoles with 1:1 accuracy. This micro console is the real deal.
Beep boop son, beep boop.

User Info: 90sRetroGaming

90sRetroGaming
1 month ago#44
They have GOT to get Aladdin on here. NO EXCUSES! Also, Street Fighter: Special Champion Edition, Mortal Kombat II, and do whatever needs to be done to secure Sonic 3 + Sonic & Knuckles + Lock-On Technology.
3DS: 1375-7268-6996 NNID: OldSchoolGaming NS: SW-4778-8525-3295 YT: http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life Twitter: https://twitter.com/RetroGaming83

User Info: rswsc0407

rswsc0407
1 month ago#45
DifferentialEquation posted...
Hard Corps, Bloodlines and Gunstar Heroes alone are enough to make me want to buy this.

I hope this thing sells really well and Sega decides to make a Saturn mini.

Just so you are aware, Bloodlines is included in the Castlevania collection and more than likely Hard Corps will one of the games not yet announced as being part of the Contra collection.
Red Sox World Series Champions 2004, 2007, 2013, 2018 PSN ID- rswsc0407

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
1 month ago#46
GigantLuffy posted...
Wait, how the f*** did Sega manage to get Disney games on this? M2 is godlike for pulling it off.

It had everything to do with the legal departments of Sega/Disney and nothing to do with M2, the company developing the emulator that will run the games. Ditto the inclusion/exclusion of any other games.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii-U | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES

User Info: metaphysician

metaphysician
4 weeks ago#47
Ace-of-Clubs posted...
@scorpio_man posted...
If this ends up not having Sonic 3 and Sonic and Knuckles then I am cancelling my pre-order.

IMHO Sonic 3 probably isn't happening for the same reasons that it's been left off of other recent collections (whatever those reasons are), but I'd love to be wrong. However, even including both Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles separately without the ability to combine them into the one full game the project was always originally intended to be would feel incomplete to me.

I would normally agree that Sonic 3 won't happen, but I never would have expected the Mickey Mouse platformers to happen, either. So, I'd say it has moved from "100% impossible" to "Just barely conceivable".

metaphysician
4 weeks ago#48
Ace-of-Clubs posted...
Whatever the case, Jackson estate or Jetzons or copyright issues, I still wish they'd just use the substitute tracks from the old PC release of Sonic 3 & Knuckles if they can't use the tracks in question. I'd rather have the game with some new music than continue to be denied one of SEGA's best works. Unless they're not allowed to do THAT, either...

If I had to make a wild guess, it'd be one of the two following:

1. The contract was poorly written, and so the royalty arrangements were tied to the game that would receive the music, rather than the music itself. Thus, changing out the music doesn't actually eliminate the obligation. Or at least, its ambiguous and unclear about such.

2. There is ambiguity over whether the replacement music is "actually" new and unrelated. . . or at least, that is what the original composer claimed in a lawsuit threat. Thus, using the replacement music still leaves them at the risk of an expensive lawsuit, even if its bogus.

These aren't mutually exclusive. I could entirely see a poorly worded contract leaving an opening for an abusive lawsuit.

User Info: Rygon

Rygon
4 weeks ago#49
They need to just make an edit of Sonic 3 & Knuckles now. Retro Genesis releases are a constant part of Sega's output, and they can't allow this key part to just be gone forever. Do the work now so it is available for the next ten Genesis collections.
http://backloggery.com/war_lion108

metaphysician
4 weeks ago#50
Also, how many games on the NES/SNES Classics even had substantial region differences? The Contra games are the only ones to come to mind, unless you want to argue about Lost Levels vs Doki Doki Panic.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Gematsu: Sega Genesis / Mega Drive Mini titles 11 to 20 announced
  • Topic Archived