• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Clarification on the Nintendo Switch Pro "delay"

User Info: TankgirlS

TankgirlS
1 month ago#1
Apparently people don't know how to read. The recent Nekkei article talks about the upcoming Switch mini and according to them:

It's still on track for a fall release,
And it's still capable of "docking"

As for the Switch Pro delay, there is none. The rest of the article simply says that Nintendo is working on a successor to the Switch that will be totally different, and are currently experimenting with different OS and designs.

They make no mention of the pro model in the article. Just the mini one.

Not sure why so many news outlets got confused about this.

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
1 month ago#2
Do you think they'll release it in 2020? If so, I want to wait.
Light up the night sky! The mystery behind the moonlight! Cure Selene!

User Info: ai123

ai123
1 month ago#3
Nhatalya posted...
Do you think they'll release it in 2020? If so, I want to wait.

According to the report, the mini is due this fall.

The successor? If they are still working with designs, then not a chance.
'The sprites is ridiculous polygons'

User Info: kumorixLoveless

kumorixLoveless
1 month ago#4
Rumor within a rumors rumor. Sounds about meta.
If you don't agree with my opinion or i don't like your opinion, you're s troll. -Literally everyone in Gamefaqs

User Info: Irony

Irony
1 month ago#5
This is a rumor about a rumor within a rumor
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.

User Info: Nhatalya

Nhatalya
1 month ago#6
Ah, man. I wish they could confirm (or deconfirm) all of this, I don't want to buy a second Switch for my boyfriend, and then 5 months later they reveal a "Pro" (or whatever it'll be called) model.
Light up the night sky! The mystery behind the moonlight! Cure Selene!

User Info: Thunderbird8

Thunderbird8
1 month ago#7
TankgirlS posted...
As for the Switch Pro delay, there is none. The rest of the article simply says that Nintendo is working on a successor to the Switch that will be totally different, and are currently experimenting with different OS and designs.

All three console makers are almost always working on their next system, though it may take time for something to take hold enough to actually get started. If I recall correctly, the Wii U first started being worked on in 2008, just two years after the Wii was released. R&D is not just going to sit on their asses after a console launch.

TankgirlS
1 month ago#8
Irony posted...
This is a rumor about a rumor within a rumor

I mean, not really @Irony as Nintendo has stated several times that R&D is always working on the next console. So it's a rumor based on a given fact.

User Info: Irony

Irony
1 month ago#9
Literally all rumors are based on a given fact it's why they are rumors and not just straight up false.
I am Mogar, God of Irony and The Devourer of Topics.

TankgirlS
1 month ago#10
Irony posted...
Literally all rumors are based on a given fact it's why they are rumors and not just straight up false.

That's not true. Often rumors are completely made up and based on nothing. So yeah, that's just incorrect @Irony
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Clarification on the Nintendo Switch Pro "delay"
  • Topic Archived