• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Sony and Nintendo comments on "censoring sexual content"

User Info: DarkHalf91

DarkHalf91
4 weeks ago#121
shamfuru posted...
DarkHalf91 posted...
shamfuru posted...
DarkHalf91 posted...
shamfuru posted...
age does not matter

@shamfuru If they are 18 they are legal regardless of what they look like so yes it does matter.

They are cartoons, the age doesn't matter as cartoons have no age.

They are cartoons clearly depicting children. you can use the excuse "but her bio says she's 19," but most people weren't born yesterday.

@shamfuru So if they are cartoons they don't exist so why would you care? You know most people that play a game probably don't think of anything sexual.

They are girls, young girls, in various stages of undress.

Why do you think we are against those creeping on pics of young girls?

@shamfuru you are one simple minded person you know that. Here you go get off on this https://i.imgtc.com/xq1xobW.jpg

Or perhaps you want the real thing https://i.imgtc.com/cHYqC9g.jpg

Noticed how one is real and one is FAKE?

https://i.imgtc.com/bzPiTkR.png
Kutabare

User Info: UltimaKitty

UltimaKitty
4 weeks ago#122
Ugh f*** off sony. I was sexually harrassed. I'm not going to get offended seeing boobs in a video game.

But I am against lolis. Sexualizing children is disgusting.
Please stop reading this signature

User Info: DarkHalf91

DarkHalf91
4 weeks ago#123
UltimaKitty posted...
Ugh f*** off sony. I was sexually harrassed. I'm not going to get offended seeing boobs in a video game.

@UltimaKitty https://i.imgtc.com/bzPiTkR.png
Kutabare

User Info: kinggravy

kinggravy
4 weeks ago#124
To be fair, Japan needs to cut back on their fanservice culture. It's one thing to have sexuality as part of a greater narrative, and another just to shoehorn it in for the sake of having it. SK and DoA are at least good games, but the majority of fanservice is there just to sell otherwise mediocre products. But devs should still be able to make that sort of product if they want.

Now, whoever's doing PR at Sony, they need to be fired. Because even if they are doing it for SJW reasons, you don't admit that openly. Bad press. This is why Nintendo has such strong NDAs. People outside of marketing don't deserve a mouthpiece.

And it will be bad press in Japan at a critical point. They're already losing devs, and they should be getting dev kits in the hands of those devs for PS5. The next gen will have Switch going on with a strong install base in Japan, and I don't see much reason why devs outside of westernized pubs like Square and Capcom are going to bother. Worst possible time to be fumbling. Not saying this alone will destroy PS5, but just look at XB1's launch to see what bad publicity can do to you.
FC: 2852-7398-0118

User Info: Emerald_Melios

Emerald_Melios
4 weeks ago#125
kinggravy posted...
To be fair, Japan needs to cut back on their fanservice culture. It's one thing to have sexuality as part of a greater narrative, and another just to shoehorn it in for the sake of having it. SK and DoA are at least good games, but the majority of fanservice is there just to sell otherwise mediocre products. But devs should still be able to make that sort of product if they want.

It reminds me of the trend to make violent, edgy anti-heroes. Sometimes, less is more.

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
4 weeks ago#126
kinggravy posted...
To be fair, Japan needs to cut back on their fanservice culture.

I'm sorry but this is completely narcissistic, Japan doesn't need to do anything, your personal sensibility isn't what the rest of the world should be yielding to, if you don't like it, then f*** off and find something else that suits your personal tastes
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 weeks ago#127
Hayas***akara posted...
kinggravy posted...

I'm sorry but this is completely narcissistic, Japan doesn't need to do anything, your personal sensibility isn't what the rest of the world should be yielding to, if you don't like it, then f*** off and find something else that suits your personal tastes

Except they kinda do since yeah there is a difference in tasteful fan services versus an entire anime just thriving off it. It's become a super stale trope and they aren't doing much of anything original with it.
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: HayashiTakara

HayashiTakara
4 weeks ago#128
Baha05 posted...
Hayas***akara posted...
kinggravy posted...

Except they kinda do since yeah there is a difference in tasteful fan services versus an entire anime just thriving off it. It's become a super stale trope and they aren't doing much of anything original with it.

you're not god, you're not right, what one culture does, tbqh is none of your business.

How full of yourself do you have to be to think your personal opinion should dictate an entire nation's culture.
NNID: HTakara82 - Add me if you're looking for a good time, lol
NS FC: SW-6233-5661-0820

User Info: Chilly0123

Chilly0123
4 weeks ago#129
doki-doki-panic posted...
Nintendo s***ting on Sony as of late.

I seems more like Sony is just s***ting on themselves.
Switch FC: 6749-4573-6683 | Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/id/chilly01234/

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
4 weeks ago#130
Hayas***akara posted...
you're not god, you're not right, what one culture does, tbqh is none of your business.

How full of yourself do you have to be to think your personal opinion should dictate an entire nation's culture.

By this logic how full of anyone is here to demand video games developers and publishers to cater to them?

This argument isn't even about culture but rather criticizing an industry for reusing the same tired gag into the ground. Hell honestly the fact you even tried to pull the culture card is f***ing sad. What part of the Japanese culture is a girl falling on some guys face with her vagina is that from?
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Sony and Nintendo comments on "censoring sexual content"
  • Topic Archived