• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Sony and Nintendo comments on "censoring sexual content"

User Info: Cyber Akuma Zero

Cyber Akuma Zero
2 months ago#11
The idiot making these decisions for Sony really needs to be kicked out of the company, glad that Nintendo doesn't care as long as you aren't violation country laws or ESRB ratings, that's the right response to have.

Delta_Force posted...
I hope PS5 is backwards compatible.

Supposedly backwards compatible with PS4.... no word on others. Really, no excuse why it's not BC with all of them though.

Hell, there is zero excuse why the PS4 isn't at LEAST PS1 and PS2 Backwards Compatible.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: UltraGoombaX

UltraGoombaX
2 months ago#12
https://img.fireden.net/v/image/1552/47/1552476735741.jpg
:(
I can't believe Sony have sunk this low. They're censoring fully grown/developed women. There's this quote I read...
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
I am from planet Vegeta. Fear me!

User Info: SSJ4CHRIS

SSJ4CHRIS
2 months ago#13
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
The idiot making these decisions for Sony really needs to be kicked out of the company, glad that Nintendo doesn't care as long as you aren't violation country laws or ESRB ratings, that's the right response to have.

Delta_Force posted...

Supposedly backwards compatible with PS4.... no word on others. Really, no excuse why it's not BC with all of them though.

Hell, there is zero excuse why the PS4 isn't at LEAST PS1 and PS2 Backwards Compatible.

Hell, there is zero excuse why the Switch isn't at LEAST NES and SNES backwards compatible. Really, no excuse why it's not BC with all of them though.
The Internet allows us to make more mistakes faster than any invention in history. With the possible exceptions of Handguns and Tequila!

User Info: DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM
2 months ago#14
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

Delta_Force posted...

Hell, there is zero excuse why the Switch isn't at LEAST NES and SNES backwards compatible. Really, no excuse why it's not BC with all of them though.

If it's about using the original media, then it makes sense why the Switch doesn't have S/NES backwards compatibility.
'Cause the players gonna play, (play x4), and the haters gonna hate, (hate x4),
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, (shake x4), I shake it off, I shake it off.

Cyber Akuma Zero
2 months ago#15
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

https://www.logicallyfallacious.com/tools/lp/Bo/LogicalFallacies/151/Reductio-ad-Absurdum

Nice try though.

The PS4's drive is capapible of reading CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Rays up to dual layer, it's in the drive's tech sheet. The PS4's CPU is also wall beyond being able to emulate the PS1 (even a freaking $5 RaspberryPi could emulate a PS1) and the PS2, plus Sony already has several PS1 emulators and most if not a full PS2 emulator already developed. The PS4 already, stock, has everything it needs both drive-wise and power-wise the emulate the PS1 and PS2, Sony even has nearly everything it needs software-wise as well.

There is no NES or SNES slot in the Switch however.

But like I said, nice try.
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile

User Info: OosontheLoose

OosontheLoose
2 months ago#16

Delta_Force posted...

Because then they couldn’t sell PSNow subscriptions and remastered PS2 classics.
NOW PLAYING: Devil May Cry 5

Cyber Akuma Zero
2 months ago#17
OosontheLoose posted...
Because then they couldn’t sell PSNow subscriptions and remastered PS2 classics.

That's not really an excuse, also, people still bought remasters on the PS3 even when it could play the originals.

You think nobody would buy the Spyro remaster if their PS4 could still play the originals?
Gamertag in profile

User Info: feraldrgn

feraldrgn
2 months ago#18
We pretty much already knew this (this isn't aimed at you TC), scared of backlash from the non-audience who are obsessed with political correctness.

I would have much rather Sony talked about maybe NOT applying the same censorship rules for every country.

Agreed, I'm not one for wanting people to lose their jobs often but whoever's making the decisions lacks foresight & is damaging the company's image.

User Info: kumorixLoveless

kumorixLoveless
2 months ago#19
So in short, sony making garbage excuses for their s***tery, Nintendo pimp slapping sony bulls***ery and Microsoft...well yeah Microsoft.
If you don't agree with my opinion or i don't like your opinion, you're s troll. -Literally everyone in Gamefaqs

User Info: ai123

ai123
2 months ago#20
It's a shame that the article is behind a paywall.

It would be better to see what Sony actually said before passing comment.
'The sprites is ridiculous polygons'
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. Sony and Nintendo comments on "censoring sexual content"
  • Topic Archived