• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I didn't want Dragon Quest Builders to end. Yet I couldn't stop playing it...

User Info: shinyspheal

shinyspheal
4 weeks ago#21
Kogepan posted...
I couldnt beat chapter ones Golem and gave up........I did always intend to return to the game.

Time to google how to beat him XD

It's the only boss which I found finicky, try getting as close as possible when using the bombs then it should be easy.
3DS FC: 3711-7972-2938

User Info: burningwithin

burningwithin
4 weeks ago#22
Arcanine2009 posted...
Game was amazing and a sleeper hit for me. They did a really good job with the demo content wise and out some of Nintendo's demos to shame. Took me 80hrs to beat the game. I never tried free builders mode. Mainly because I had other games I got and wanted to beat them.

I can't wait for the second one two, though I'm a bit dissapointed that it's 30fps vs the original's 60fps. Hopefully switch pro comes sooner than later and we get a patch to increase it to 60.

DQB1 was 60fps on the Switch? I beat it on the Switch, but I don't remember it being 60fps. Hmmm
Desiring a thing cannot make you have it.
People have differing opinions and that's confusing? Don't ever open up a history book. You'd have a stroke.

User Info: claude26

claude26
4 weeks ago#23
I posted this in the "what did you play today" thread but thought I'd copy/ paste it here since this thread was the inspiration to play again...

Dragon Quest Builders. I got it last year and played it for 5 mins despite loving Dragon Quest and the rave reviews. Just always wanted to play something else. Well today I said i'm going to play it more than 5 mins and did and boy do I see this game getting addictive, and fast.

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
4 weeks ago#24
burningwithin posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...
Game was amazing and a sleeper hit for me. They did a really good job with the demo content wise and out some of Nintendo's demos to shame. Took me 80hrs to beat the game. I never tried free builders mode. Mainly because I had other games I got and wanted to beat them.

I can't wait for the second one two, though I'm a bit dissapointed that it's 30fps vs the original's 60fps. Hopefully switch pro comes sooner than later and we get a patch to increase it to 60.

DQB1 was 60fps on the Switch? I beat it on the Switch, but I don't remember it being 60fps. Hmmm

yeah

720p 60fps on docked, and 720p 30fps on handheld
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.

User Info: delRey91

delRey91
4 weeks ago#25
Love it. Is my favourite "adventure building type" game.

Can't wait for 2.
Switch: SW-7403-8982-4310
Steam: Delrey91

User Info: burningwithin

burningwithin
4 weeks ago#26
Arcanine2009 posted...
burningwithin posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...

yeah

I only played it handheld. Now I understand why I don't remember it being 60fps *facepalm*
Desiring a thing cannot make you have it.
People have differing opinions and that's confusing? Don't ever open up a history book. You'd have a stroke.

User Info: Kyle1022

Kyle1022
4 weeks ago#27
Arcanine2009 posted...
yeah

To clarify, it is targeted 60fps in docked mode but there are definitely frequent drops.
PC (4k/60Hz and 1080p/144Hz) | Switch | Wii U | Wii | GC | N64 | SNES | NES | PS4 Pro | PS3 | PS2 | PS1 | N3DS | DSi | GBA | GBC | Vita | PSP

User Info: Arcanine2009

Arcanine2009
3 weeks ago#28
Kyle1022 posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...
yeah

To clarify, it is targeted 60fps in docked mode but there are definitely frequent drops.

I've hardly if ever experienced any issues myself on docked.
Less is more. Everything you want, isn't everything you need.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I didn't want Dragon Quest Builders to end. Yet I couldn't stop playing it...
  • Topic Archived