• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I didn't want Dragon Quest Builders to end. Yet I couldn't stop playing it...

User Info: carljenk

carljenk
1 month ago#1
It was one of those games...

Anyone else have one or more of those games on switch?

Honestly wasn't expecting to be this drawn into DQB. Pre-ordered the 2nd.
Sorry if my posts make you feel emotional. It is not my intent.
Make America Nazi-Free Again. #NoMoreNazis #Wolf2

User Info: cr14mson

cr14mson
1 month ago#2
July 12 - DQB2

and no, nothing else comes close. You can try Portal Knights. Maybe it will work for you

User Info: boogaboogaboo

boogaboogaboo
1 month ago#3
Same. Only played on PS4 but beat it twice, I love it so much. The story is amazing, one of my favorite in recent gaming. Can’t wait for the sequel.
Break me off a piece of that Roseanne Barr.

User Info: LeFeverBeaver

LeFeverBeaver
1 month ago#4
Once of the most addicting games I've played on the Switch. That and Diablo III. Can't wait for 2. In full disclosure, I only ever beat the first level, but that's because they make you start from scratch on the subsequent levels (for people reading that don't know) and it was such an emotional rollercoaster that I couldn't keep going. I needed a break after 40 or so hours and just haven't picked it back up.
Twitter/Twitch: @UglyBunnyJase - https://www.youtube.com/user/zakhansonfan
[Gigabyte Z170, i5-6600, MSI GTX 1080ti] - Switch - PS4 - XBone - Vita - 3DS - SNES

User Info: cr14mson

cr14mson
1 month ago#5
LeFeverBeaver posted...
I only ever beat the first level, but that's because they make you start from scratch on the subsequent levels (for people reading that don't know) and it was such an emotional rollercoaster that I couldn't keep going.

That's fine. I know of people who spent 40-60 hours (or more) on the Japanese demo alone (pre-Switch, on the Vita) then do the same thing on the Western release, and never got past the first map/island. What's important is you had fun. Time and money well spent 👌

User Info: KyleLeeJenner

KyleLeeJenner
1 month ago#6
Mhgu in a nutshell
RIP Nipsey Hussle
08/15/85 - 03/31/19

User Info: LeFeverBeaver

LeFeverBeaver
1 month ago#7
cr14mson posted...
What's important is you had fun. Time and money well spent

Absolutely. And I did. No regrets from that purchase :)

KyleLeeJenner posted...
Mhgu in a nutshell

Yep. I tried the demo the other day. It's much nicer than the 3DS version, but I remember being frustrated by just how long it takes to bring down the monster - it's frustrating that there's no health meter and the behavior is so sporadic (like, it'll lie on it's side/back LONG before it's even close to being killed). Still might get it when it goes on sale again. It's a great time sink. I had a blast with MHW even though I never beat it.
Twitter/Twitch: @UglyBunnyJase - https://www.youtube.com/user/zakhansonfan
[Gigabyte Z170, i5-6600, MSI GTX 1080ti] - Switch - PS4 - XBone - Vita - 3DS - SNES

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
1 month ago#8
i actually felt the opposite. not that i didn't love the game (cause holy s*** i did) but i wanted to unlock that free mode (or whatever it's called). i was super hyped to unlock that mode and then...i never actually played it.

but! i had that feeling with BOTW. i did everything i could and tried everything to draw out my first playthrough. i eventually bought the DLC just so i could keep doing stuff without finishing the game.

pretty excited for DQB2. even though i enjoyed the first, there was a lot of stuff i wish they did. i'm hoping they hit most of those points in the 2nd. not being able to dig down just felt wrong to me and I THINK they let you do that in 2? i've not actually looked at much info about it.
i was born at night, but not tomorrow night.

User Info: carljenk

carljenk
1 month ago#9
We need a new Dragon Quest Monsters to blow the doors off of Pokemon honestly.
Sorry if my posts make you feel emotional. It is not my intent.
Make America Nazi-Free Again. #NoMoreNazis #Wolf2

User Info: 0ofreako0

0ofreako0
1 month ago#10
carljenk posted...
We need a new Dragon Quest Monsters to blow the doors off of Pokemon honestly.

now there's a game i'd actually buy. i've never played any pokemon, but dragon quest monsters is something i've played a bit of and would love to have a switch version. even if it's just a port and not an entirely new game.
i was born at night, but not tomorrow night.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. I didn't want Dragon Quest Builders to end. Yet I couldn't stop playing it...
  • Topic Archived