• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. You don't truly own digital games.

User Info: ilfait

ilfait
4 weeks ago#81
n00bsaib0t posted...
ilfait posted...
Kyoshiro12345 posted...
Reverted_Pikkon posted...
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
The pro-digital people don't realize that this is not true, especially for games that are clearly not meant to be played once like fighters or randomized dungeon explorers or dozens of other examples.

I mean, you're right about fighting games and stuff. But the average person who plays games doesn't even finish most of them, let alone multiple times.

Im sorry(and by this I am not taking that user's side) but I completely 100% every game, I dont buy a new game until I finish my previous(dont have to 100% it, just finish) then go back to keep going for the 100% if I get bored. I only have 1 game left on my backlog. and im already halfway through, Super Dragon ball Heroes switch. that one I wont 100% either, just finish story, then buy another game and in between will be going back to collect cards I haven't acquired yet. just as I did with MHGU that had me going back to finish subquests and pieces of armor I hadn't made.

It's hard for me to even imagine doing that. I finish maybe two new-to-me games a year and I 100% a game only when 100% just means getting to the end. Doing what you do to me would feel like boring self-imposed work that doesn't pay any money.

I moved the bold to the part you clearly didn't bother reading. Your welcome.

It's impossible to read your posts without picturing a guy sitting in a gamer chair with a massive dent in his skull.

User Info: n00bsaib0t

n00bsaib0t
4 weeks ago#82
ilfait posted...
n00bsaib0t posted...
ilfait posted...
Kyoshiro12345 posted...
Reverted_Pikkon posted...
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
The pro-digital people don't realize that this is not true, especially for games that are clearly not meant to be played once like fighters or randomized dungeon explorers or dozens of other examples.

I mean, you're right about fighting games and stuff. But the average person who plays games doesn't even finish most of them, let alone multiple times.

Im sorry(and by this I am not taking that user's side) but I completely 100% every game, I dont buy a new game until I finish my previous(dont have to 100% it, just finish) then go back to keep going for the 100% if I get bored. I only have 1 game left on my backlog. and im already halfway through, Super Dragon ball Heroes switch. that one I wont 100% either, just finish story, then buy another game and in between will be going back to collect cards I haven't acquired yet. just as I did with MHGU that had me going back to finish subquests and pieces of armor I hadn't made.

It's hard for me to even imagine doing that. I finish maybe two new-to-me games a year and I 100% a game only when 100% just means getting to the end. Doing what you do to me would feel like boring self-imposed work that doesn't pay any money.

I moved the bold to the part you clearly didn't bother reading. Your welcome.

It's impossible to read your posts without picturing a guy sitting in a gamer chair with a massive dent in his skull.

No need to get snippy over your own lack of attention span.
3DS: 4871-6557-4900 | Switch: SW-7875-2425-7203
https://steamcommunity.com/id/Nifterific | XBL / PSN: Nifterific | NNID: n00bsaib0t

User Info: Blayshy

Blayshy
4 weeks ago#83
DC95 posted...
AlieNinja posted...
Rizeroth posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...
You don't truly 'own' physical games either.

Already addressed in the video. Also, you pay same as physical ones but get less in return. And the video is more about the customer rights loss when you go digital, which ties into why you don't own it.

If u read the Terms and Conditions, they have the right to withdraw the game from you if they should wish to and you have no way for a refund or compensation.

LOL funny kids

Digital = You own nothing.

Physical = What are you going to do, come to my house and take it? Tell me what to do with it? I'll do what I want, and you'll do what you can about it.

If servers die down, you can no longer update your game. And some games NEED the fixes from the updates.
I am pretty sure I know what to do now.
-Sonic Mainer (SSB4) / Link Mainer (SSBU). Hyde / Linne main team in BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle.

User Info: singhellotaku

singhellotaku
4 weeks ago#84
...for the billionth f***ing time...

this has been litigated numerous times, its essentially what the recent decision about warranty void if removed stickers was about.

The company can claim whatever they want in the EULA, but, in the US, if you buy a thing, you OWN, that thing

Period.

That applies to digital, and physical purchases.

There is a reason that delisted games are still downloadable, there is a reason that, try as you might, there are ZERO cases of licenses being revoked for a game that had previously been sold. That account bans usually amount to knocking the console offline forever, but don't brick the console, because they can't actively chose to break a product you own. Apple tried that a few years ago, and they fined the f*** out of them for it.
the community tag is a cancer on this website

User Info: omniryu

omniryu
4 weeks ago#85
😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣 wait for streaming.
PSN/XBL: OMNIRYU
Switch FC: 5419 6809 0486

User Info: ElectricMole

ElectricMole
4 weeks ago#86
Blayshy posted...
DC95 posted...
AlieNinja posted...
Rizeroth posted...
Arcanine2009 posted...
You don't truly 'own' physical games either.

Already addressed in the video. Also, you pay same as physical ones but get less in return. And the video is more about the customer rights loss when you go digital, which ties into why you don't own it.

If u read the Terms and Conditions, they have the right to withdraw the game from you if they should wish to and you have no way for a refund or compensation.

LOL funny kids

Digital = You own nothing.

Physical = What are you going to do, come to my house and take it? Tell me what to do with it? I'll do what I want, and you'll do what you can about it.

If servers die down, you can no longer update your game. And some games NEED the fixes from the updates.

Not all the time. And playing a game with some bugs is better than never being able to play it at all

User Info: creativerealms

creativerealms
4 weeks ago#87
Towelie1727 posted...
man this sounds like a post-apocolytic world. Gives me more reason to never go digital unless I absolutely have to.

What a boring apocalypse. I was hoping for zombies or atomic bombs.
Sarcasm is my basic function.

User Info: dextorboot

dextorboot
4 weeks ago#88
creativerealms posted...
Towelie1727 posted...
man this sounds like a post-apocolytic world. Gives me more reason to never go digital unless I absolutely have to.

What a boring apocalypse. I was hoping for zombies or atomic bombs.

First world apocalypses.

User Info: pikachupwnage

pikachupwnage
4 weeks ago#89
briguy posted...
Atarigamer posted...
(repost from your other thread)
Digital games have too many 'issues' for me to use them:-

1: When I pay for a game, I like to get something tangible
2: You never own digital games, at best its long term rental
3: digital prices (not including sales) are absurd. Why on earth would I pay £60 for a new digital game when I can buy a physical version for £39-45?
4: no 'safety net' refund system. PSN/Nintendo need a policy like Steams, refunds are given no questions asked if you've played under 2 hours (heck, even 1 hour would be better than it is now)
5: No lending the game to a friend
6: Looking at the T&C's they have the right to withdraw the game from you if they should wish to and you have no recourse for a refund or compensation.

Until most of these issues are resolved, I'll stay on physical games.

1. What do you actually get now a days? An empty box with bad art and no booklet. Wow.
2. Physical is no different--cartridges and discs get damaged over time. Nothing is forever.
3. I'm in total agreement with that assessment. Digital prices are bad and that's indefensible.
4. All games need this protection, but once you open a physical game, you can't return it either.
5. This is a good thing, in all honesty. After loaning games to friends and family and not always getting them back is a real annoyance.
6. This also exists with physical games. They can put out a patch that would render your physical game useless, or remove content at any time.

Tbh it should be illegal to remove content from paid games with a patch.
https://i.imgur.com/cfZmEFd.gif Even In sigs FOE!
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/665/328/d75.gif

User Info: mothballs

mothballs
4 weeks ago#90
consumers vote with their dollar.... and the power to CFW some consoles has never been better

Watch company's try and pull s***... and hacker respond.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo Switch
  3. You don't truly own digital games.
  • Topic Archived